PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mariam
Thu, Jun-19-03, 00:55
My name's Maria and I live in Japan. I am 43 years old and have three children, and am divorced.

I have a new love in my life and have made what I hope would be the last committment I would make to lose weight!

I hope committing myself here will make it easier for me not to forget why I am losing weight.

nana
Thu, Jun-19-03, 01:14
Welcome Maria,

There is much support to be had here, we all need each other to make this work. Having others to go to and ask questions is what it is all about. Also reading others journal is inspiring and keeps me going. It is so easy to get off track.

Please feel free to come and visit me in my journal, you will see the journal icon at the bottom of this post.

Talk to you later.

JoAnn :wave:

Mariam
Thu, Jun-19-03, 01:27
Dear Jo-ann,

Thank you for the quick reply.

God knows how many diets I have been on and gained weight as a result. I have read the Atkins book front to back, and back to front as well, and have now at my fingertips almost everything I need to make this work - not easy living in Japan where the consumption of carbo is very very high.

I have also found a lunch delivery company catering to foreigners that will deliver low carb menus (my biggest hurdle in Japan)

I hope to gain some self confidence and inspiration from people like you and I am sure glad I found this site.

I hope I will be able to report how my diet works out.

Best, Maria