PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter Actually Skipped Her Popcorn at the Movies!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

paradise
Wed, Jun-18-03, 13:59
I first posted this thread last Thursday, June 12th over in the Atkins forum. I had no idea that this forum existed until today!

"I’m still fighting the “chicken nuggets/french fries/candy” syndrome with my four-year old daughter who is a very opinionated eater. I've been working on what she eats. She doesn't drink milk nor does she drink soda (my husband and I don't drink soda). She does chew a 500mg calcium Viactiv chew. Because I know she'll never eat enough veggies to make a dent in the daily calcium intake. The Viactivs are better than nothing, they do contain high fructose corn syrup though. Kids between four and eight years old are supposed to get 800mg calcium daily. Occasionally, I can get her to eat yogurt or tofu. But, she drinks boatloads of apple juice (diluted 50/50 w/water). Even if I work on her foods, I know the apple juice will undo all my work.

However, I made a step in the right direction today. I took her to see “Finding Nemo” today. I took two cheese sticks, macadamia nuts, and a low carb bar. We shared a bottle of water and I CONVINCED her to forego her usual popcorn. She still had a bag of Swedish Fish (fish-shaped gummi bear candies). But hey, one battle at a time, right?"