PDA

View Full Version : erratic weight loss

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RockingGal
Wed, Jun-18-03, 06:26
Hi, this is the first time I've posted a thread. I've read other threads quite often but never had the nerve to join in - I can't even add a smilie face!!

Anyway, I've been on the Atkins diet for 6 weeks and lost about 19lb (that's assuming I lost 7lb the first week - I didn't weigh before starting but I'm sure that's what I lost).

The loss has been very erratic though, 7, 2, 2, 3, 1, 5, +1!! Any ideas why I might have PUT ON a lb? I'm really disappointed - especially after losing so much last week!

Alina
Wed, Jun-18-03, 06:38
Hi and welcome!

Congratulations on your progress!

We do "put on" sometimes due to water retention, too much salt in foods or hormonal issues. Those fluctuations are typical for the first weeks, don't worry!
The most important thing is to drink lots of pure water. Trust me - the more water you drink the less your body will retain.
Water comes and it goes.......................

Good luck and take care!

Alina

BublyBlond
Wed, Jun-18-03, 09:45
I also, have been LC for 6 weeks and down 19 pounds, after a 2 week plateau at only 15 pounds. I would have to agree with the water weight. I also stopped walking in the evening and took that up again.

I went off the wagon this last weekend and splurged BAD :eek: , I immediately went back to the LC and found I lost 4 pounds, go figure, does anyone know how this could possibly happen?

dcbrowne
Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:02
You are doing great, you will find that low carbing tends to take off weight in this manner. down a little, up a little, down a lot! As long as you are going in the right direction keep doing what you are doing!

RockingGal
Fri, Jun-20-03, 03:38
Thanks for the great tips. I'll keep going. I'm trying to walk more as well. Fingers crossed for next week, I'll keep you posted.

Can someone give me a tip on how to get a smilie face on my messages?