PDA

View Full Version : A South African Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brianc57
Wed, Jun-18-03, 05:29
Hi to all,
I have only just found this site and it looks great. I need all the support and advice I can get. Unfortunately we have no access to low carb products in South Africa so I have to make do with "normal" food and adjust accordingly. I am in day 3 of the Atkins induction program and apart from a splitting headache I have no problems. Just craving something sweet - will have to work through it. If anybody has suggestions regarding the craving for something sweet - please let me knwo. I am hoping that it will pass.
My current weight is 230 lbs (6ft) and I am aiming to get down to 180 lbs. Seems like a long way to go.

jude
Wed, Jun-18-03, 06:39
Welcome to the forum, Brian! You'll find all the support and encouragement you want here. It's made all the difference to me.
Don't worry about not having access to lowcarb replacements. You're probably better going with "normal" food anyway.

Take a look at the "Kitchen" area here for Sweet recipes that use Splenda instead of sugar. (You can get Splenda can't you?)

Good Luck!

judy

Brianc57
Wed, Jun-18-03, 06:52
Thanks for the encouragement. No we don't get Splenda in SA - I will look for something similar.

cheers :wave: