PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ITSUE
Tue, Jun-17-03, 23:17
:wave:
I found this sight yesterday while looking for akins info and I am so excited I found out about it.
After being totally disgusted with myself I got on the scales and was shocked when I saw I weighed 305 lbs!!!! I could not believe it! Sooo, I joined Weight Watchers. With much pain, I lost to 282 lbs. I decided that WW was not for me because my whole life was revoled around eating!!
Next, I started the Akins low carb diet on June 8th 2003 ~ 282 lbs. On June 12th I checked the scales and I was 278 lbs! :daze: I have not checked since, but I feel smaller. I am able to wear clothes I haven't in years! I was wearing 3X or 26/28s. Today I am wearing a 22/24 pants and shirt!!!
I have been using the ketone strips ( I'm showing dark mavue-dark purple) It took me 4 days to get into ketosis. I have not been measuring my carb in-take, I have been guesssing. I notice I am never really hungry!! I have been making myself eat. I finally feel as if I will get this weight OFF my tired bones. I am so excited to be part of your group.

longsox
Wed, Jun-18-03, 01:23
Hiya Itsue,

I joined the forum around 12 days ago and have found it to be excellent. Ive read through all the success stories they are so inspiring.

I started a journal on here too - an excellent way to keep track of your feelings, your consumed food and even your fears.

I lost 10lbs during induction and am currently in the middle of my 2nd week of induction. I may stay on induction longer, Im going to see how I feel.

I wish you every success in your journey - youre already doing great!!! :)

tc

Longsox