PDA

View Full Version : Day two of Atkins. Discourage hearing from people who can not lose.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lacey O
Tue, Jun-17-03, 13:15
Hi I'm new here, this makes day number two, I've been doing good. I don't get hungry. I'm kindof discouraged hearing that some of these people can't lose weight, afraid it will happen to me. I'm hoping I did not mess up yesturday, I had a extra half cup of green veggies. Will aspartame really make you not lose weight, my friend has lost 18 pounds since may and she drinks diet cokes. I exercise, so I hope I'm not burning the calories that I need, there was a story that said you need 10 times calories of your body weight, I'm 220 and there is know way I'm getting 2200. I need help please. Thanks Lacey O

emilia3243
Tue, Jun-17-03, 13:50
Hi there. Unfortunately I'm no atkin's expert. I'm new to this whole thing too. This is day 2 of my induction. I'm not sure about the excercise theory. I read that the excercise will only help. I just got a book today, hopefully I'll find time to read it. Hopefully we will both do good w/ this new diet. Well take care & good luck. Feel free to contact me anytime, since I think we're both in the same boat. :)

ThaiSingh
Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:35
Dear Lacey,
PLEASE don't get discouraged after only 2 days! It really works!
May I suggest that instead of diet drinks, you switch to Ice water, with or w/o lemon? I'm trying to drink lots. It will help too for any constipation problems you may experience early on.
I don't know that aspartame bothered my diet, but I didn't want to take a chance so bought the Splenda right away. It's quite good - no different than Equal, really.
Sugar-free Jello makes a good snack .. I've even started using the green Jello, after consuming so much red! :)
Really, stick with it .. as the scale goes down, and you're really not 'hungry', it will get easier and easier.
Good luck!

lkonzelman
Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:48
Two weeks. Induction (http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html) lasts two weeks.

You will be in ketosis and lose most of your cravings and hunger in the next few days and average weightloss for people doing Atkins is 10% of the amount you wish to lose during induction.

Take some measurements also to see inches lost. Great for success.

Just take your time. Eat when hungry and keep off the scale for a few days! ;)