PDA

View Full Version : newbie hi everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

iammarymax
Tue, Jun-17-03, 11:37
Hi,
I am new to the NO CARB diet...there are so many books and I am very confused....dont know where to start. I stumbled on this web site in hopes of some knowledge and support...and to find out where to start.....I need to loose some weight and I have half heartedly tried to no avail...........can anyone offer advice on where to start.....

helpless
fat and sad

Iowagirl
Tue, Jun-17-03, 12:59
I have never heard of the NO CARB diet.

If you are looking for a good low carb diet I suggest you click on one of the links to the right 'which low carb plan is right for me?'.

Welcome and good luck! :wave:

ThaiSingh
Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:48
Hi Mary,

Try the Atkins Diet. It's working great for me!
It's actually a LOW carb diet, and you can find lots of info online at the Atkins site.
For the first two weeks, you'll eat mostly bacon and eggs for breakfast. (Give up the caffeine if you can.)
Lunch can be a tuna salad, chicken salad, hamburger, cheeseburger (NO bread) cheese and perhaps jello for a treat.
There is no fruit allowed during the induction diet, but vegetables, green preferably, are nice with whatever meat you choose for dinner. No potatos either, or macaroni, rice or noodles.
I promise you, it gets easier, because all these foods are quite filling.
It seems strange at first, eating all the things we've always shied away from, or that we should have. :)
Instead of crackers and cheese for snax, try cheese and celery, but not too much celery.
This is pretty basic, but read what you can online, or buy Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution and educate yourself. I saw my son succeed and so I started 4.5 weeks ago, and doing better, far better than with any other diet.
I'm even decreasing my thyroid meds, at least til I'm re-checked in 6 weeks.
My best to ya!