PDA

View Full Version : New here.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

emilia3243
Mon, Jun-16-03, 10:54
Hi all. I am new to the forum here & am looking forward to losing weight & getting support & help from all of you. This seems like a wonderful place. Everyone seems so friendly.

Iowagirl
Mon, Jun-16-03, 11:42
Welcome and good luck!

Check out all the threads - lots of good info! :wave:

emilia3243
Tue, Jun-17-03, 05:32
Thank you very much Iowagirl. Thanks for the wish of luck. I'm going to go get my first book, on the Atkins way of life today. There are still lots of questions that I have, hopefully the book will help. Is it true that I cannot have a ice cold, refreshing beer for the next 2 weeks??????? I think that will be the hardest part. I tend to enjoy a cold 1 after a long day at work.

I will make sure to keep searching around here. Lots of interesting stuff. :daze:

Iowagirl
Tue, Jun-17-03, 07:34
:nono:

No beer! Hang on for a couple of weeks!

emilia3243
Tue, Jun-17-03, 07:37
Ok, ok no beer for me. Thanks a bunch iowagirl.

Iowagirl
Tue, Jun-17-03, 08:00
After that, feel free to peruse the thread - lc cocktails in the general low carb arena! Michelob Ultra is low carb and not bad at all.