PDA

View Full Version : New Member Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PeterK987
Mon, Jun-16-03, 05:40
First I'd like to say that I'm not lost I've just been off the boat so long that I'm starting my numbers over again.

I started out at 254 about 9 months ago so if you'll float me six pounds I would be TDc material. I think maybe I'll change my goal just so I have a nice round number when I'm done (I went ahead and changed it).

I've been looking around and just decided to get out the lurker phase because of the really great support network in these forums. I think maybe I could benefit from involving others in my weight loss.

As I said, this all started 9 months ago when I started the Atkins diet. I went at things full force throwing out all the carbs in the apartment and buying every low carb product they had ( this was a disaster and I don't recommend it at all). Well I had my army of supplements etc and started the diet.

I was losing weight in a big way and feeling great. In the process I learned alot about the ways that can screw up the diet and how to get around them. Unfortunately around the holidays I started to slip up. I was normally diligent because of the amount of lost ketosis time that one cheating episode would cost me, but with carbs coming at me from everyside I eventually succumbed.

To try and shorten up an already too long post... I was at 220 when I lost it (is that a pun or not I can't decide) and since then have been able to maintain at between 225 -230. Now I wanna get it together again and resume the weight loss and health that I once had. I've been trying to get started the last couple of weeks but keep doing LC with all the ways that I know will stall me (SF candy and too much Splenda).

I know that I'm not doing it right but keep on doing it that way and then being disheartened by the poor showing on ketone strips and the scale. I'm starting a new week today after binging for a week and I wanna do it right this time.

Well that was probably way more information than anybody wanted but thanks for reading. Nice to meet you all and I hope I can be a resource to the forum.
(I hope this doesn't look as long in the forum as it does in the posting window...Makes me feel like some kind of narcissist)

justcindy
Mon, Jun-16-03, 05:45
Hello and welcome! :)
~Cindy

BlessedOne
Mon, Jun-16-03, 05:48
But, today is the first day of the rest of your life! You know, the day to start fresh and do what you know is right to do. Don't let the last few months factor in, except to help remind of what NOT to do. You have maintained some of your original loss - that's awesome! You should be proud!

Drink that water. And, if they don't do you any good, stay away from the AS and the junk. Give your body a chance to get full-blown into this and you know you will be rewarded - the proof isn't in the pudding, it in your maintained weight loss!

Have a great lc'ing day! Keep on the board for the support you need.

Shari ;)

MisterE
Mon, Jun-16-03, 05:58
Welcome. Since you know the "what not to do's" as well as the best way of your chosen food plan you can guide us all toward better health on the "right" path.

gotaloseit
Mon, Jun-16-03, 07:28
Hi,

This might not help you but maybe if you are having a craving for something sweet you can find a substitute in the recipies....I always go for a mock danish....it seems to help with the cravings, and they are especially strong after I have slipped up like I did three days ago (why do we do it when we know how bad the "withdrawl syptoms" will be???) I also have had someone recommend chromium to me to help with sugar desires, apparently they cut them right out/ This is of course someone elses experience not mine. Good luck to you and I'll check back with you everyday until you get on the straight and narrow.

Chantel30
Mon, Jun-16-03, 07:49
Welcome to this thread and these wonderful people I just joined last week and they are very nice and thoughtful. So You come back now you hear!!!!!!!!!!1 :)

Ellen-mom
Mon, Jun-16-03, 07:51
Welcome and good luck. The folks in this folder are awesome, and will be here when you need them!!

PattyCT
Mon, Jun-16-03, 09:20
Welcome Peter!

You have found the best place on earth! These people are incredible and we will be here for all the support you need!

Good luck to you!

Patty

MTEcho
Mon, Jun-16-03, 10:15
Hi!!

Welcome to TDC and all the great people on this site!

For me, I don't even buy the SF stuff, just stay on strict Induction. Some day later maybe.....

Echo

Hope1
Mon, Jun-16-03, 18:09
Hey Peter, welcome aboard. I became a member the other day and I feel as if I've been one of the crowd forever. The warmth and support that can be found here is awesome. Don't worry about the past. Remember the things that didn't work so well and move away from the rest. Beating yourself with a wet, low carb noodle won't change things. You found the strength to try again :Party: that's the main thing. Give yourself a hug, take a deep breath and go for it. Feed yourself well. You're worth it. Hope1 :wave:

PeterK987
Mon, Jun-16-03, 18:44
Thanks everybody. This is exactly what I needed to make sure that I behave. Having a place to yourself is great for low carbing because you can totally set the kitchen up for it, but on the other hand there is no one around to keep your from order out. This has got my motivation way up.

Thanks again. Gotaloseit... What exactly does a "mock danish" consist of? Is there somewhere I can find the recipe? My personal sweet tricks are always the low carb flan recipes. I just need to make sure not to overdo it as I get kicked out of ketosis easy. You've inspired me to look through the recipes, I think I'll go do that now.