PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a newbie...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bubbis
Sun, Jun-15-03, 21:23
Hi there,
I live in Sacramento, CA...just turned 37...married, no kids (have miscarried twice in past 15 months) but would like to have AT LEAST one...recently found out I have type II diabetes and high blood pressure, which gives me even MORE incentive to lose weight...found this site on-line, and am looking forward to using it since I really need an outlet for my feelings and need to share them with other people who can relate (friends and hubby are great, but can't really understand what I going through)...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I'll be browsing through this site for lots of good info and supportive ideas.

Thanks,
bubbis

Curvylady
Sun, Jun-15-03, 22:23
Hi, I'm new to the board too. Just wanted to say I have a sister with Type II. I got her exercising and low-carbing, and she lost 20 pounds in just 2 1/2 months. You're definitey on the right track. Also, I lost 2 pregnancies, too. I understand. Best of luck to you.

bubbis
Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:52
Curvylady,

Thanks for the reply...I can only hope to lose 20 lbs. in as short a time as your sister! I think being on this chat site will give me the inspiration I've needed to get me started and keep me going.

bubbis

Curvylady
Wed, Jun-18-03, 21:31
Bubbis,
Do you have Polycysitic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)? I have it, and so do 4 of my 5 sisters (one doesn't know yet). It could be the reason for the pregnancy problems, and why you gain weight easily. Just a thought.

azjackie
Wed, Jun-18-03, 23:10
I'm new to this too, this seems to be a forum oozing with great support! I have to say that last night I was at Chuck E. Cheese (not by choice) and met a couple who had lost bunches of weight on l/c plan protein power. But the best part was that he had triglycerides in the 800's and a hdl count of 0. Way borderline diabetic. But now the extra weight is gone and all of his numbers are completely normal. You read it all the time at least in the Atkins book, but I thought it was cool to meet someone who beat the big D. Good luck to you!!

nana
Thu, Jun-19-03, 01:21
Hey Bubbis,

Welcome to this forum, there is so much support here, it will take you no time to feel at home. Feel free to stop by my journal some time for a chat.

JoAnn