PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thanks for all your help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kallium
Sun, Jun-15-03, 11:10
Hi, I have my husband on Atkins and as the one who shops and prepares his food I want to thank you all for the advice and support I have gotten from just reading all the posts.

It has been 6 days on induction now and although the scale has only dropped a few pounds (2) He is looking ALOT slimmer around the middle. I am also trying to support him by eating low carb myself (though not as low as he is) and I have seen a big change in myself too.

We are both looking forward to moving out of induction and having a little more foods to choose from.

I do have one small question, my husband is a tall guy 6'4" and it took him a very long time to gain the weight that we are now trying to loose (15 years). We figure he was eating over 300g of carbs a day on an average day during that time. I know that every ones tollerance for carbs is different but what is the probable target for carbs/day for him once we start to increase his carbs? I am sure we will do the increase at a slow rate once he is out of induction but this target for carb/day would give him something to look forward to.

Thanks so much

Iowagirl
Mon, Jun-16-03, 09:34
It is hard to speculate. Best to stick to induction, add 5 grams a week and find out when he stops losing. There are a lot of variables - age, activity level, etc.

Good luck!