PDA

View Full Version : new to the board (and atkins)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

danica
Sat, Jun-14-03, 18:03
hi there,

i've been checking out this board for a while now and decided that since i'm only 1 day shy of hitting my 2 weeks on Atkins that i would post and introduce myself.

so far i've found this board to be very insighful and helpful, not to mention everyone seems so nice.

i started atkins almost 2 weeks ago and have seen great results that i am happy with so far. i have lost in 12 days, 7 pounds. 2 inches in my chest, 1 in my waist, 1.5 in my hips.

i'm definately sticking to this and i have been very good about eating and amounts and sticking to under 20 grams of carbs a day. i have a problem with binge eating and weight loss and gain. i don't talk about it much with people, because i just feel that its something alot of my friends and family don't understand. i haven't touched anything that i shouldn't have in 2 weeks, and i'm a little proud of myself. but i know that sometimes i need help and it is hard for me to reach out to people that are close to me with it has to do with weight. you guys seem like a great support system, which is why i have decided to post here.

i do have two questions. portabella mushrooms.........is it okay to have a half of one, sauteed in butter with some parmesean cheese topped on it?

how does one figure out their body fat? mine is wrong for sure on my profile.

thanks and i look forward to reading and posting more on the board.

danica.

arwen03
Sat, Jun-14-03, 18:27
hey danica,
my name is dania and i am new too. it's nice to type to you.
i have been bulimic for 20 years and that's hard to say to thousands of folks i don't know...but i just did.
you inspired me :)

since i started on the atkins diet i have not felt the urge to binge and that makes this plan good for me. i, like you, will stick it out because nothing tastes as good as health and thin feels :D

i hope the mushrooms are ok...i think they are. i love them with butter and blue cheese and have been enjoying them during these first few weeks. i think moderation is the important factor...something that i have a very thick head about.

your body fat is done on a scale...maybe they have one on this site. :q: if you find it let me know.

if i can do this...anyone can...good luck to you :wave:

Hope1
Sat, Jun-14-03, 19:20
Hello, danika and arwen03, I'm new too. I just wanted to
say that mushrooms are God's gift to low carbers. They taste
good, they are amazingly versatile and they are really good
for you. They are the perfect raft for anything you want to
put on them...expect mashed potatoes :rolleyes: . Keep on
with the 'shrooms. Bye now. Hope1