PDA

View Full Version : DELICIOUS Low-Carb Tortillas/Wraps/Pitas!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

roxy_foxy
Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:59
I found this recipe for pitas at www.carb-lite.au.com Now let me tell you, I didn't think they would be good, but they were fantastic! I used them with some lunch meat and veggies, but you can also top them with pizza toppings! Very versatile, very easy.

1 cup soy protein isolate (I used soy flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp whipping cream
1 tsp olive oil
2 eggs
1 cup water (add water until mixture is smooth, but not runny)

Mix eggs, add cream and oil, add dry mix. Add water while mixing until soft mixture with no lumps.

Spread very thinly, but not transparent on a WELL oiled baking sheet.

I personally added 2 tsp splenda to sweeten it. But, the person who originated the recipe says it is not needed. They didn't give me carb counts, but I figured it out while using soy flour instead of soy protein isolate. I made 7 pitas and each was app. 3 carbs each. I made large wraps also, so I guess it depends on what size you make. Total carb per recipe is 21.2. This is with splenda also. You can omit it if you like.

LisaUK
Sat, Jun-21-03, 05:04
I think I need to try this. I do have some soy flour in the cupboard so I'll just check and see if I've got everything else.

Thank you!

jordan
Tue, Jul-15-03, 18:13
I'm trying to find out the carbs in soy flour every source says something diiferent

avah
Wed, Aug-06-03, 11:54
i use Bobs red mill Soy flour, it has 8 carbs per 1/4 cup. I tried this recipe today and it worked wonderfully with the Splenda and tastes awesome as well.

Thanks again! :)

chubybuddy
Tue, Dec-16-03, 00:47
I am excited to try this I love pita stuffed with cukes and turkey or avacado..I am excited to try this. I will let you know how tomorrow. I am excited as I miss my bread the most.