PDA

View Full Version : Plateau! Any ideas?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Atkins fan
Wed, Jun-11-03, 06:55
I have been on Atkins since May '02, and been losing on and off the whole time. I would normally go a few weeks losing nothing, then lose a couple of lbs - then nothing for a few more weeks etc.

But since this March - I have lost nothing! According to the sticks I am in ketosis, but nothing is happening on the scales or in inches! grrr! I am eating no more than 20gms a day - what am I doing wrong?! Any suggestions? Thanks! :thup:

(I have ME (CFIDS), Fibro and Sjogrens, and exercise is therefore extremely difficult for me.)

Karen
Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:10
It could be that you need to shake it up a bit and move out of induction into OWL. Up your carbs by 5 grams a week. It's scary but it be just what your body needs. :)

Here's a refresher on how to do it from the Atkins Center (http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-451522.html) web site.

Karen

Atkins fan
Wed, Jun-11-03, 12:32
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did try 25gms a day - for quite a few weeks, but still nothing, so I thought I should drop down to 20 again. It's hard to get my head round the idea that if I'm not losing now - how will eating more make me lose?! Like u say - it is scary! It has been a long battle to get where I am - the last thing I want to do is jeopardise it by eating more, putting on weight then being unable to lose it again!

Nothing ventured nothing gained tho I guess - so here goes! :eek:

Tina xx