PDA

View Full Version : a few ??????s

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janice1018
Tue, Jun-10-03, 21:57
I started the Adkins Diet on Saturday, and I have already lost 6 pounds!! :p

I am not off of caffine. I am having a real hard time with that. I was completly a coke addict and I went to diet pepsi, but after reading the forum, I am going to start on diet rite. Can you still lose weight if you are drinking caffine??

I used to eat meat, potato, corn, and a biscuit for dinner. I dont like cooked vegies and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas, besides salad for some side dishes. I am only eating the meat and a salad now, but would like some variety.

I am happy that I found this forum, so that I have some one to talk to about things happening.

Rosebud
Thu, Jun-12-03, 05:10
Hi Janice, welcome!

6 pounds, what a great start - well done!

I wouldn't worry too much about the caffeine. If you have a look around, you'll see that quite a few people here have lost well and are still drinking coffee or Diet Coke.

Just remember that coffee has carbs. ;) I think about ½ to 1 carb per cup.

Do you know about www.fitday.com ? In case you don?t, it's a free site where you can keep track of your carbs, calories, fat etc.
This thread Fitday.com How To's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38343&highlight=fitday) gives some hints on making it a bit easier to use.

All the best to you!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

eenoti
Thu, Jun-12-03, 07:02
Okay you don't like veggies so maybe we can work on changing that. If not something that I like is ground turkey mixed with brocolli and I put alfredo sauce on it. I use the prepared types that ragu makes. The sauce has 3 carbs/ quarter cup. That usually is enough for 1lb meat and cup of brocolli.
For a snack, try using pepperoni, mozzeralla cheese, and sphaghetti sauce ( a little goes a long way). It is like pizza. Be sure to count the carbs in the sauce.
Some other options are taco salads, and breadless sandwiches. Using the same toppings for a meat sandwich spread mayo and/or mustard on the meat, top with cheese, lettuce, salsa, and salt/pepper.
I know some of these items sound weird but I seem to have developed a distinct taste. Good luck. :cool:

Iowagirl
Thu, Jun-12-03, 09:40
I don't think Diet Rite has caffeine. If you're cutting out the caff, go slowly - don't suffer.

Check out the recipe section here - lots of good ideas!

How about deviled eggs for a side dish? Celery stuffed with cream cheese and green olives? (or just cream cheese)

You'll be amazed how creative you will get!

And congrats on the weight loss!!!

janice1018
Thu, Jun-12-03, 18:51
Thanks for the ideas. I really appreciate them, I had forgotten about deviled eggs...one of my favrorites LOL

I am aso happy to hear about the caffine. I am cuting back slowly, but it has to be the hardest part of this for me.

I have lost another 6 since I wrote that message. I m loving this, but I am afraid that it will taper off and stop....does it????

I am going to expand my 1st 2 weeks diet another 2 weeks. I have alot to lose. Is it ok to do the introduction for longer???

Thanks guys for the help,
Janice :roll:

GrlyGrl
Thu, Jun-12-03, 19:07
The loss you experience in the first couple of weeks is much faster than your subsequent losses. After induction, most people experience a PAUSE in the loss while their body adjusts to the new low weight.

This is not a quick weight loss diet -- it is just that the first few pounds come off quickly because a lot of it is water (not all of it though -- just some if it)

The weight will not come off at the rate of 6 pounds per week. And it may not come off in a straight line either....some weeks you'll lose inches not pounds, sometimes your body will pause, sometimes you will get whooshes of 2-3 pounds weight dropped, sometimes you might go up a pound or two from week to week.
TRY NOT TO GET DISCOURAGED! Set your expectations so that you don't panic. If you stick to it, slowly but surely, you'll see lower lows and smaller measurements.