PDA

View Full Version : Cook Books for Vegetarian Low Carbers?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bread
Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:02
Does anyone know of good Cook Books with Vegetarian Low Carb recipies. Can't do omelette's and salads anymore!

etoiles
Thu, Jun-12-03, 00:47
I just checked 'the Carbohydrate Addict's Cookbook' out from the library today

It has a special vegetarian section as well as a vegetables and salads (some vegetarian )

to be honest the recipes were pretty disappointing looking, but hey they could be good tasting. I didnt make any, just read through them.

bread
Thu, Jun-12-03, 11:59
Thanks etoiles! I will try to get it over the net on Amazon!

etoiles
Sun, Jun-22-03, 18:27
I went in to Barnes and Nobles to get Harry Potter (sold out!) and so we ended up just looking around and I saw the book
Schwarzbein vegetarian cookbook (I am not sure of the exact title, but something to that)

It looked actually pretty good, better than the recipes in the CAD cookbook. Some of the recipes were a little high carb, and some you might have to wait for maintenance but overall they had a good selection and I was shocked that such a cookbook even existed!

I am on Atkins and quite a few of the recipes would work for that just fine!

Just wanted to let you know!

KLD65
Sat, Aug-14-04, 20:48
One coming out this month (8/04) called "The Low Carb Vegetarian" by Margo Demello. I saw it on another thread at this site.