PDA

View Full Version : HypoThyroid/Low Carb & PCOS

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chickface
Wed, Jun-04-03, 23:17
Hello...

I have recently started the Atkins diet and have lost 12 pounds in one week. I only have aobut 40 to lose, so I was very surprised to lose so much in the first week. I have been feeling sick the past few days, Nautious, diarhhea constantly, tired, and weak. I started to wonder if the low carb diet was effecting one of my disorders in a negetive way. I have not had any doctors tell me anything about diet do's and dont's (I have been to three doctors, but they all just say "There's not much you can do, take these pills). I have been on birth control pills for the PCOS and 100MCG of levoxyl for the hypothyroidism... Before I found out I was sick, I gained about 50 pounds and I was already about 30 overweight... so it has not been fun. I only have about 30-35 left to lose and I had done Atkins before and lost weight fast... so what better choice.

I just read an article on here, though, that talks about insulin resistance... I have NEVER been told anything about that and it is frustrating to me... my doctors seem so ignorant sometimes. I want to do what is healthy and the article i read said that I could possibly not even have to take the meds if I lower my insulin (which I don't know how) and work out more... I hate pills, so I'd like to know if that has been true for anyone with PCOS. :q:

I would really like to be healthy... I bought a treadmill and have been going on it almost regularly... I will go on it more regularly if it will make the PCOS go away.

I guess I've said enough... I'm going to be getting married soon and I'm so frustrated with my weight and the extra hair I have grown over the recent years. UGH :(

Any advice or experience with these things?