PDA

View Full Version : Soft Chocolate Meringue Cookies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thininBC
Wed, Jun-04-03, 16:30
3 egg whites
pinch cream of tartar
2 ml vanilla
splenda to taste
1/4 tsp cocoa

Preheat oven to 325

Beat egg whites till soft peaks form, then add cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff. Add vanilla and cocoa powder and fold gently into egg white mixture. Add Splenda a little bit at a time to taste.

Place by generous spoonfuls onto foil lined sheet and bake until just beginning to turn golden.

And.........

When I made them, this recipie gave me 14 large cookies. Total calories for the recipie - 95

Net Carbs (for the WHOLE recipie) 3

.5 grams of fat

They were such a nice change and satisifed my chocolate craving with almost NO guilt !!!

roxy_foxy
Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:01
First off, what is cream of tartar..and second I am drinking Diet Vanilla Coke....tastes great and guess what??? IT HAS 0 CARBS!!!!!!!!

AmyTN
Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:45
Remember your precious soda may have no carbs, but it does have caffeine & aspartame- 2 things which should be avoided as they can slow weight loss & are generally bad for your body. Cream of tartar is used in many recipes- mostly for making meringues & can be found in the spice section of the grocery store- it's a white powder.

roxy_foxy
Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:18
I've never had a problem with either of those. I'm still losing and it stops my craving for a sweet, bubbly drink.

Iwilldoit
Mon, Jun-09-03, 23:26
These treats sound wonderful thinin.
I plan to give this little recipe a whirl this weekend. :D