PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CWC
Wed, Jun-04-03, 07:33
After my mother died in Nov 2001, my father went through a little mid-life crisis and decided to change his life (that, and he wanted to score a hot girlfriend eventually). He did Atkins and when we saw him in June 2002, he had lost 80 lbs (255-175).

I poo-pooed the diet at that time, but he has kept all 80 #s off for one year and it has changed his life. Even got his hot new girlfriend (now wife.....another story).

Figuring that my metabolism must be similar to his, I decided to finally lose some weight (it was either lose weight or buy new clothes). So I started Atkins on Monday, May 26, 2003 ~ 246.

Today I am at 237 and have lost 2" around my waist....best of all, I am never hungry. This WOE is great!

And it appears that I will have to buy new clothes after all.....smaller clothes :spin:

Alina
Wed, Jun-04-03, 07:38
Hi and welcome!

Congratulations on your progress!
Yes, this WOE is great in many ways.
Stay with us on the forum - lots of info and support here, I promise!

Take care

Alina