PDA

View Full Version : The new Knewt

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

knewt
Tue, Jun-03-03, 23:33
I started the Atkins diet on Friday, May 23. So far I've lost about 12 pounds on it and I don't think its water weight since I drink a serious amount every day ... its the only beverage I drink besides soda water so I'm always very hydrated. Before I started I was always craving sugar and bread and constantly eating. I was diagnosed as being a hypoglycemic when I was in High School and I thought it was something you grow out of. I was dead wrong. You don't. Months before I cut out all consumption of soda and any product that contained caffine. The withdrawl symptoms were awful but I went through. Although there really wasn't any scientific evidence from any blood work that I had sugar stress, as the questioneer said in the book. I still took it to heart and gave it a try. I'm glad I did. My depression went away. I have no more panic attacks. I can get up in the morning. I'm generally a happier person and I'm not such a worry wart any more. I ususally go into deep ketosis but its easy for me to get knocked off it too. I'm no longer driven by hunger ... I am free.

hev
Wed, Jun-04-03, 06:52
Hi there knewt,
wow your weight loss has been very good, this is my 4th week and I have only lost 11lbs so far.
Keep doing what your doing and maybe I'll see you around Hev.