PDA

View Full Version : New and Lost!!! HELP!!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Allbate
Tue, Jun-03-03, 00:56
:wave: Hi everyone, My husband has just started on the Atkins after getting on the scales and having a fit, he has had two days of nothing but meat and I am now running out of ideas to give him for meals, :confused: is their anyone out there who can help. I am finding this really difficult at meal times, I would be really grateful for any tips anyone has. Thanks

BeccaResRN
Tue, Jun-03-03, 01:13
Well look at some peoples journals lots of people list what they have each day...

You can look at mine the fist like 10 pages are lists of what I was eating on Atkins

I like to grill a meat make califlower, broccoli, gren beans or zuchinni and a huge salad with lots of legal vegies and a full fat salad dressing...add cheese to the vegies if desired and thats whta i eat alot of days...I know not real creative but simple cause I am soooo busy and work nights

Really rosebud's journal is a good place she eats lots of neat things...just brouse a bunch and steal some meal ideas :wave:

Rosebud
Tue, Jun-03-03, 01:30
Really rosebud's journal is a good place she eats lots of neat things...just brouse a bunch and steal some meal ideas
Thought my ears were burning! :D

Yes, Allbate, you are very welcome to peek into my journal. [The quick way to reach anyone's journal is to click on the "journal" icon at the bottom of each post. ;) ]

I must point out to you that Atkins is low carb, not no carb. I'd get very sick of eating just meat! The Atkins plan is a plan for life - with gradually increasing amounts of carbs - mostly in the form of vegies.

It will be well worthwhile for your husband and you to purchase and read a copy of the latest edition of Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution, where he explains exactly what to do, along with what you can and can't eat.
Until you get your book, have a look at the information on his website: www.atkinscenter.com

All the best to you and your husband!

:rose:Rosebud:rose: