PDA

View Full Version : Help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Razzy
Sun, Jun-01-03, 22:16
:wave:
Feel free to send email ********
How low is low carb. I mean like in ketosis? Is it safe? I eat very few carbs because they send my sugar up. Yes, I've been diagnosed with diabetes. I am noticing that when I'm on actose, I don't feel very well. It does seem to control my sugar levels, but I get light headed and a lot of head aches. I have great will power and will do anything to get over diabetes. They say there's no cure, but I believe in healing. Someone reply please. I don't know how to get my replys and so could someone please e-mail me and show me how.

Thanks.......John

Moderator edit: Email address removed. Posting email addresses is in violation of our forum rules. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/register.php?s=&action=showrules)

Rosebud
Sun, Jun-01-03, 22:33
Hi John, welcome!

Yes, ketosis is safe. It's ketoacidosis that is dangerous. Diabetic ketoacidosis only occurs when the blood sugar is dangerously high - usually in a previously undiagnosed diabetic.

Have you heard of Dr Bernstein's Diabetic Solution? Dr Bernstein is an insulin dependent diabetic himself, so his low carb plan is well worth following, or at least reading, for diabetics.

Have you seen our forum specifically for diabetics yet? If you click here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?forumid=45&s=) you'll be taken straight there.

There's no need to worry about how to find your replies. They'll pop up right here. :)
And if you wish to reply to anyone, simply click on "post reply" at the bottom of the message thread.

I hope that helps a little.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Razzy
Mon, Jun-02-03, 05:49
Wow!
Thanks Rosebud:

I'm off to work now and I'll check this stuff out later. I didn't realize that I would be contacted be e-mail.]

Awesome...Thanks.....Razzy