PDA

View Full Version : [SS] Got a SomerSizing Success Story?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

daVinci
Sun, Jun-01-03, 12:34
Hi, folks!

I'm another newbie to the site, posting my first new thread, and looking forward to getting to know some of you better.

Packaged programs, excercise equipment ads and many books include success stories from "real people" that don't sound very real. After browsing the this site, you folks sound more like real people than anyone. :clap:

While waiting for my new Lipitor prescription at the drug store, I ran across the Somers book, Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away. It sounded a lot like the Atkins books I threw out a few years ago when the low-fat movement got up a head of steam, so I bought it, and I like what I've read so far. :hyper:

When I found this site, I thought it would be a great place to find some really real people success stories. I've found a few, but I'de like to hear from some of the people who have been low carbing for about 6 months, and hear what kind of results you have had. How are you doing? :daze:

I originally posted this in the Montignac forum - wrong place for it!

Mamabeek
Sun, Jun-01-03, 18:30
I'm so happy to see lots of people posting in this forum at last. It's was kind of quiet for awhile.

Well DaVinci, I've lost more than 20 pounds so far, staring back in January and just singing along without any really serious setbacks at all. :hyper: I lost a pound a day for the first couple of weeks until I was at about 12 pounds loss, then I plateaued for a month or so. Now I drop about a pound a week is all, but it's nice and steady and I'm very close to my goal without ever having felt deprived or having to count or track anything. I know I could lose faster if I didn't eat such high calroie snacks, but the loss is nice and steady and I don't cheat when I'm eating whatever I want, so I'd rather lose a little slower and stay happy.

My hubby was so pleased with my success that he started Somersizing on Easter and has lost 13 pounds as of today! I've gotta say he's pretty whiney about not being able to have what he wants when he wants it and he hasn't complained much at all about this WOE. Just the reverse, he LOVES the food we eat. He misses his beer and caffeine, but is adjusting to the latter and once we hit our goals we'll probably put an ounce of alcohol a day back into our diets to be heart helathy.

Go ahead and give this a try. I think you'll really like it!

Another good place to visit, if you haven't already, is the Suzanne Somers site. She has a message board on there under "Discussions" I kind of like this place better though, as it seems more laid back to me and easier to use. Both sites have great recipes, but hers are specific to Somersizing, which is nice.

Good luck with whatever plan you choose!

MB :wave:

jennyc
Fri, Jun-13-03, 17:11
Good luck! This is the only diet I have been able to lose weight on and it's easy!! Started at the end of December and have already lost 51 lbs, it is like a dream come true.

KittyKat2
Sat, Jun-14-03, 16:23
Hi daVinci! :wave:

My first time SS I lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks! It was amazing! This was the first time that I had ever changed my eating habits and rid my body of sugar. (That could be the reason for the rapid loss.) I stayed legal for the first two weeks and thereafter I had a cheat on Saturday at one meal. It worked well until I went on vacation and quit SS and gained it all back plus about 10-15 more over a year and a half.
I bought Michael Thurmond 6WBMO and that was a mistake.
Then I realized that I knew how to do it and read my Get Skinny book again and bought the new book Fast & Easy.
I started SS for the second time in January 2003. It has been much harder this time I must say! I have lost about 18 pounds with a cheat on the weekends. I plan to be very strict and lose my last 20 pounds to reach my goal.
I bought The Firm tapes and they are a wonder! The first day I noticed some results in my legs. I think it's going to be a great workout to help me lose the rest.
Good Luck! If you stop SS for no good reason, you'll probably gain even more weight back. So, don't do it! I've maintained my 18 pound loss now for about 2 months and know I can do it forever!