PDA

View Full Version : Salad dressing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RD64
Sun, Jun-01-03, 11:37
Hi, This is my first recipe. I wanted a salad dressing for low carb induction phase. I was looking into blue cheese and saw it was low carb but it has sugar in it which scared me right off. So I decided to experiment. I mixxed a few tablespoons of sourcream, some whipping cream and a little cream cheese in a bowl and it came out great and made my salad taste ten times better. I mixxed enough to make several servings of dressing. I'm only a week into this diet but I just love the different things you can do with it to make it interesting. I especially love the Atkins food. Pancakes tommorow. :)

Bob

mkwillie
Sun, Jun-01-03, 13:38
:wave: Your receipe sounds great - I'll try it. I just created one too. It has:

1 Tbls bacon grease
2 Tbls Olive Oil
4 Tbls of Tarragon Vinegar
2 Tbls Apple Cidar Vinegar
1/2 t. Stevia powder (or whatever you use)
About 1/4 cup water.

You may need to experiment with the exact amounts to taste. Mine was a bit sweater than I had planned. I use it for regular tossed salad and for spinach salad. Yummy.
MK