PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

roxy_foxy
Sun, Jun-01-03, 08:31
:wave: Hey everybody! I'm new to this forum, but have been off and on the Atkins Diet since January. I'm a sweet nut, so I usually give in. I'm not excessively over weight, I just feel much better without all of the pastas and breads. I workout most days of the week doing both weights and cardio. Trying to build muscle and tone up some. Thanks for having me.

vashka25
Sun, Jun-01-03, 08:32
Welcome!!!!!

Whether its 10 or 110 you're trying to lose the fact is that you are here and "trying" to do it!

Congrats, and the best of luck on meeting your goals!!!

Cheers!

queenbeear
Sun, Jun-01-03, 15:23
:daizy: Welcome Roxy! Don't cave in to those sweets! After the initial induction there are a number of lo-carb sweet treats out there. One of my favorites is the Russel Stovers turtles or chocolate covered toffee squares. I can be a particular eater, but these taste like the real thing! Also for now you can look at the recipe boards for ideas to help the sweet tooth. Hang in there YOU CAN DO IT. Come back and visit the site often. It is a great support and motivator. Queen Bee

roxy_foxy
Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:24
I cheated yesterday, but I am right back on it today. I found recipes for protein bars and intend on making some. I'm usually pretty good at control, but have been stressed out lately. No excuses though!! No excuses! I still workout and need to stick. But, I don't get down on myself, because that just make me crave more. so, back to day one. Thanks for all of the posts everybody, gret to have some support I'm sure it will help. Oh, and turtles are low carb? That's good to know.

queenbeear
Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:45
:daizy: Hello again. Yes, they are low carb. I don't have any turtles on hand today to give you and exact carb count, but the chocolate toffee squares hav 0.2 net effective carbs. per piece