PDA

View Full Version : New lab numbers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

peach95
Sat, May-31-03, 13:41
Ok, last November I had a cholesterol test done. That year before I was admittedly overweight, eating horribly and not excerising. My numbers were:
T=260
HDL=47
LDL=171
Trigs=209
Risk factor=5.5
I went on a standard low fat, low cholesterol diet and started excerising everyday. I lost 13 pounds and tested again in Feb with these results...
T=211
HDL=37
LDL=126
Trigs=238
Risk Factor=5.7
Ok, so then I lowered my carbs, kept excerising and added fish to my diet 3x or more a week. I lost another 9 pounds and just got my results from my test last week.
T=213
HDL=43
LDL=135
Trig=176
Risk factor=4.9
I am rather happy about the risk factor change I think lowering my carbs really helped me too. I do think 3 months was kinda soon to retest. My Dr didn't call with these results so she must not be concerned. I do hope she doesn't want to test in 3 months again. I have kind of a problem with anxiety when it comes to medical stuff in part because I lost my Mom and brother within 3 yrs of each other (they didn't die from health matters, but accidents.) I know stress can affect cholesterol and I know I've had alot of that. I have 10 more pounds I'd like to lose and wouldn't like to retest again for 6 months. Oh by the way I'm 29/f/don't smoke and blood pressure is usually 106/63 range with resting pulse in the 60's. I think I'm going to stick with the diet I'm doing now, but maybe lower carbs more. What do you guys think?

Lisa N
Sat, May-31-03, 17:29
I think I'm going to stick with the diet I'm doing now, but maybe lower carbs more. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good plan. With your tryglycerides still somewhat high, it would definitely help to lower your carbs more and make an effort to stick with lower glycemic carbs for your daily choices.
You're definitely headed in the right direction, though. Keep it up! :)