PDA

View Full Version : new to internet AND low carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SarahP
Fri, May-30-03, 15:53
Hi I'm completely new to surfing and I feel in an alien world, finding even using this web site really strange, have stuck my head firmly in the sand until recently and am a comfirmed techno IDIOT!!! My teenage son is out and I'm coping alone!??!

Started Atkins about 8-9 weeks ago lost 25lb but slipped up on holiday (alcohol and fries!!) back on track now, tying to spread the word here in Britain and have gained a few conspirators who have been impressed with my progress. Fave food at the moment is baby leaf and herb salad with basil oil dressing, ham and corned beef or egg mayo and strong cheddar cheese, am I doing it right????? :confused: Love SarahP

Rosebud
Fri, May-30-03, 16:53
Hi Sarah, welcome!

Your food looks pretty good to me. :thup:

Do you know about www.fitday.com ? In case you don?t, it's a free site where you can keep track of your carbs, calories, fat etc.
This thread Fitday.com How To's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38343&highlight=fitday) gives some hints on making it a bit easier to use.

Have you found the UK forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=35) yet? You'll find local info there that may help you.

All the best!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

ALEKA
Fri, May-30-03, 20:36
Hi Sarah- I'm new to the site tonight but want to say Hi. I just finished my third week and am doing better than I ever thought I would. I'm not too good at dieting - am a tad bit of a cookie, cake and pie monster--so this is a big switch for me. Here's wishing you all the luck in the world. What helps me--I only diet one day at a time!!! Bye--Aleka

Rosebud
Fri, May-30-03, 21:48
Welcome to you, too, Aleka! :wave:

Have you had a good look around here yet? The orange bar at the top of the screen has a lot of useful info, especially "Low Carb Tips." ;)

All the best.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

ALEKA
Fri, May-30-03, 21:59
Hi Rosebud, Thanks for the hello and welcome. This is the first time I ever talked to an australian-- you sure are a long way from here. I just found this site tonight and have enjoyed seeing how others are accomplishing so much. Isn"t it wonderful to see all of us together in the same boat working for the same goal??? Anyway--From what I have seen --I'm very impressed and looking forward to trying out some of the yummy sounding recipes. Thanks again for the welcome--God Bless--Aleka

SarahP
Sat, May-31-03, 03:27
:wave: Hi Aleka and rosebud :D

Aleka you're doing REALLY WELL, stick with it girl!
Have a confession to make ..................... haven't given up the caffeine yet.............haven't even tried!!!!
:eek:
Sorry! I work quite a lot of nights and 14 hour days so I need the boost . Have promised myself that I will try very hard in 2 weeks time when I've finished my next set of nights!:daze:
I have to admit I'm finding Atkins pretty easy, never hungry, love meat and fish, you have a great attitude to dieting Aleka, "one day at a time" I'll remember its such a good philosophy! :D

How are you doing with boosting you exercise levels? My daughter and I joined a gym yesterday and already today I'm feeling myself coming up with the "I'm just too busy" excuses not to go??? she's not here at the moment but has promised to be my motivator and DRAG me there! :(

I'm trying at the moment just to forget about food and only think about it when my body tells me that I'm hungry, then I decide on something to eat, have it and then get on with my life and not be obssessed with food like I was before Low carb eating! :wave:

ALEKA
Sat, May-31-03, 10:16
Hi Sarah--Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement. You asked about exercise_______WELL!!!! I am going to start this week. I have half heartedly approached it over the past few weeks but haven't done too well. Made up my mind that this week will be a-- have to do it week. Once I get in the groove, I do all right here at home. Have some exercise equipment in my bedroom and if I don't do it while watching tv- I'll never do it. My husband goes to the gym- but even that doesn't boost my thoughts of wanting to go along and work out. So I just have to take myself in hand and say--now hear this--it is time to exercise!!HA!! Anyway-- Get in gear and just DO IT!!!!!! As a friend of mine used to say--You don't have to like it--but you must do it ---for your own health sake. Have a nice day and take it " ONE DAY AT
A TIME!!!!!!God Bless--Aleka

SarahP
Sun, Jun-01-03, 12:13
:wave: Hi Aleka I've been to the gym to day , it was really hard as I'm in the middle of caffeine withdrawal headaches but "I did it!"

Do your self a favour and actively search for a type of exercise you love, I personally love to dance particularly Salsa but its not always easy to fi in with my shifts particularly nights I'm really going to try (wish I could take my own advice)

Love SarahP :wave: