PDA

View Full Version : Best lc plan for bodybuilding?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

yellowman
Wed, May-28-03, 19:54
Title say it all. On Atkins right now, doing lotsa cardio, (5 to 7X week) jogging/hiking (maintaing ~60-80% of max for minimum of 30 minutes to start, working towards 1hour plus) and calisthenics (mainly ab work and pushups). Trying to get down around 175 ish lbs first ( I am 6"2), then build back up to around the 200lb muscle. I don't want to be huge by any means, but more lean and mean at that weight. Body type is average, I don't build buff up easily, but strength comes easily . My primary reason for all this is health, as it seems at age 26 Syndrome X is beginning to take effect (low hdl, high triglycerides, elevated BP). But I digress...

I figure altering Atkins and taking in more protein than fat, and keeping the carbs low would work, until I started lifting regularly, then maybe cycling creatine (still researching that). But....I've also read that you need enough carb intake for glycogen stores for lifting, so I'm not sure what to do there. I've seen TrainerDan's story and read a little on CKD, but was wondering what other folks may have done as well. Thanks in advance!

rfred
Thu, May-29-03, 07:57
Fred Hahn, co-author with the Drs. Eades (of "Protein Power" fame) of "The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution" said in a recent post on his message board SeriousStrength (http://pub83.ezboard.com/fseriousstrengthfrm1) that Protein Power and "Schwarzbein Principle" by Diana Schwarzbein MD work when using his system.