PDA

View Full Version : HELP a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Zophar
Mon, Jul-02-01, 20:30
hello, I eat a lot of fruits, i was wondering what friut is bad for the low-carbs and which ones i should be eating more of.

Also: how many grams of carbs should I be getting on average a day with this plan?

thank you

tamarian
Mon, Jul-02-01, 20:36
Hi Zophar, welcome aboard.

Generally, fruits that are lower in carbs and higher in fiber are acceptable with moderation, and it all depends on ho many carbs you lose weight on. This all depends on your body and metabolism as no there's no one answert that fits all :) Some low-carb plans are more tolerant to fruits than others. Have you read any low-carb book?

Wa'il

Zophar
Mon, Jul-02-01, 20:39
But which ones are low carb high fiber? Can i get a list or something similar? Because on average I eat like 8 servings of fruit a day and want to know what ones are helping/hurting.

tamarian
Mon, Jul-02-01, 20:46
I take my infor from the USDA database:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

I rarely eat fruits, as I can eat 10 times the amount in veggies for the same carb count. On occasions when I really feel like it, I go for strawberries.

8 servings? This doesn't sound like low-carb, but I hope this link helps you. :)

Wa'il