PDA

View Full Version : Hello....I'm a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jen1020
Wed, May-28-03, 09:05
I need some info. (please). In the first 2 weeks how much weight should I expect to lose if I follow the Atkin's Diet faithfully? :wave:

luv2dance
Wed, May-28-03, 09:24
I believe it all depends on your body type. In DANDR it tells you how to determine if you have a low or high metabolic resistance. If your metabolic resistance is low, you should of lost about 9 pounds during induction. But if you have a high metabolic resistance, you could only lose 2 pounds. I dropped 5 pounds the first week and then only 1 during the second week. But during the second week, I was slacking a bit.

Good luck from another Jen in Ohio!

:)

jen1020
Wed, May-28-03, 09:51
Thanks for the info. I was in Cleveland in Oct. had a great time. Enjoyed all the Ohio State fans. OH....IO

luv2dance
Wed, May-28-03, 11:42
I just started a "buddy" thread in the Countdowns, Buddies, Challengies forum. So feel free to post there if you ever have any questions about LCing or need support.

My boyfriend went to Michigan so we both are not OSU fans. :thdown: Go Blue! Of course I hear alot of crap at work about it because I'm surrounded by OSU alumni.