PDA

View Full Version : Amazing pancakes and only 1 carb!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cindy007
Wed, May-28-03, 08:46
I know a similar recipe has been posted for pancakes made w/protein powder, but since so many people are looking for egg alternatives I will post mine (actually got it from Viv)...it's a little different anyway. I made this for the first time this morning and it turned out AMAZING. This was my first attempt at ever making pancakes and they still turned out as some of the best I've ever eaten. And to top it off, the whole batch (5 mid size pancakes) has only .7 grams of carbs.

Mix 1 scoop Soy Pro protein powder (Universal Nutrition brand; I used chocolate) with 1 egg, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp melted butter. Add water slowly until you get the right consistency. I didn't measure but I think maybe 1/2 cup. Spray pan w/pam, cook and enjoy! They were sweet enough on their own w/out any sweeteners, however I did try them w/Atkins syrup and it was very good.

The whole batch has 425 calories, 34 grams protein, 32 grams fat and 1 gram of carbs (from the egg). This breaks down to 67% fat, 1% carbs and 32% protein. The soy pro has 0 carbs and is very creamy, but I suppose you could use any brand of protein powder.

--Cindy

Lupey
Wed, May-28-03, 12:19
Cindy, thanks for a great recipe. Can I just ask how much a 'scoop' of protein powder is? My pp didn't come with a scoop, so I'm not sure of the right measurement.

Thanks! :roll:

Cindy007
Wed, May-28-03, 15:45
Hi Lupey,

1 scoop of mine equals 33 grams.