PDA

View Full Version : Phew, no more cravings!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sal
Sun, May-25-03, 18:54
3 months and 30 lb.s - a loss that was the easiest thing I ever did. The key for me (so far) has been to keep all sugar OUT OF MY BODY. I read and discovered to be true, that sugar is poison to my body, I have no more uncontrollable cravings.
I think I can low carb forever-- because once I got "off" sugar, Oh my Lord, I had no more attacks of needing food NOW!!! I think I have just discovered that I can actually be normal. I found that everything I have read in the books is true!! Protein does satisfy me, and give me more energy.
Well, I have another 70 lb.s to go, and for the first time in 25 years of dieting (bet you can guess how old my first child is) I don't feel like I'm dieting--- no more one day at a time-- I just keep sugar and bad carbs out of my diet and bingo, I feel great and the weight is coming off.
PS - don't get me wrong, the first 3-5 days was like kicking heroin or something--- I needed support and had to stay occupied, but boy, I feel good now.

Nadz
Sun, May-25-03, 19:21
Congratulations! You're one more step closer to reaching your goals and getting healthier. Keep up the good work.
:wave:

Karen
Sun, May-25-03, 19:26
Congratulations! :D

Feels great to feel "normal", doesn't it?

Karen

Miss Lilly
Sun, May-25-03, 19:46
I.ve just started this diet, but as with many others here (I am sure) I have tried a lot of other diets. I am really looking for a lifestyle change....with food. I think this low carb. idea is the one for me. I look forward to checking in with weight loss. Thanks for inspiring me to stick with it for today. :roll:

Qball
Sun, May-25-03, 20:48
Hello,
The best thing about LC is not having food cravings anymore. Now, I eat to live not live to eat. I'm sure you'll have "stalls" along the way to your final goal. We all have them, but it's not something you'll get too discouraged by. You'll do one of the things Dr. Atkins talks about in his book and get through it. The weight loss for me hasn't impressed me half as much as how much better this WOE makes me feel. I feel better than I've ever felt in my life. I have more energy than ever. I'll NEVER go back!

Qball