PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

eva O
Sat, May-24-03, 13:49
HI all!

Just popping in to introduce me.I am eva O and I have about 90 pounds to lose. I have seen great success with low-carb diets and i am doing one myself--starting today. :)

I have carried all this weight since my pregnacy 10 years back. Amazing how much weight affects your health, emotion well-being and esteem. But there is hope...

For me I need to discuss and support, and be supported. I find a diet more successful with a daily interaction w/others.

take care and good luck, be patient and believe in yourself.

Eva

tristesas
Sat, May-24-03, 13:58
Happy to see ya here eva you need a shoulder hunt me down trust me I think we all need support when it comes to LC or any diet it just gets a little rough at times and alot of people don't even know how strong minded we have to be, especially during induction right?? ok good to see ya here

eva O
Sat, May-24-03, 20:02
:wave: thanks so much my friend. Yes online support is really all i have as no one else i know is dieting. It is effective for me when I share with others.

and even tho LC is a great diet, it still requires will-power. :)

time to look around. God Bless.EvaO

elbunny
Sat, May-24-03, 22:08
Originally posted by tristesas
Happy to see ya here eva you need a shoulder hunt me down trust me I think we all need support when it comes to LC or any diet it just gets a little rough at times and alot of people don't even know how strong minded we have to be, especially during induction right?? ok good to see ya here

Hi, glad to know so many folks are trying like myself. I think you have to fall off the wagon a few times before you succeed. I am 4ft 11in and weigh 170 and in addition I am a diabetic. Risky to say the least.

I have been on a LC diet for 2 months and have had some very depressing days where I wanted to give up, but I'm determined to stick with it. Diabetes is in my family, all the women in my family start to gain weight after reaching 40. My dear mother died from complications of diabetes and I promised God I would not go out that way.

So far, in these 2 months I have lost 6 pounds and my waist have decreased to the point that I can wear some pants that I htought I would never wear again. The days when it is rough for me are the days when my blood sugar is high no matter what I eat or don't eat. Then I want to give up, but I promised God.

Stay the course you all!!!

Elbunny

tristesas
Sun, May-25-03, 14:23
One thing about LC'ing or any other diet that works for you it feels pretty durn good to lose the weight and wear those pants we couldn't wear before I have a closet full of 18's to size 7 pants due to all the years of LCing my problem is when I get down there I get this feeling of being thin and why can't I eat like any other thin person but of course lo and behold I can't do that I'm doomed to go right back up to where I am now and it's funny how fast the pounds come flying back on, I mean it could take me a year to lose em and 4 months to gain em all back. LCing has to be a way of life for me even though I miss the simple things and there's times I think one little bite won't hurt but it does and then I get disgusted at myself for taking that one little bite. It's like were surrounded by carbs (the evil ones) but we don't need them to survive their only a "comfort" food and they taste so darn good but the choice is do I really need that comfort or I do I want to look good and feel happy with myself. So we suffer now but in the end we get paid, especially when you start getting noticed by people that never noticed you before and let me tell ya the hubby is the first if your married lol. The last time I lost 32 pounds on this and my hubby got soooo jealous it was funny. Why is he not jealous when I'm 200 pounds but jealous at 168??
Anyway the benefits outweigh all the obstacles!! Ok girls keep me informed how were doing. I ate a big large steak off the grill and that was soooooo good. I have to find different ways of cooking the meat or I get sick of it fast you know what I mean??

elbunny
Sun, May-25-03, 19:29
Originally posted by tristesas
One thing about LC'ing or any other diet that works for you it feels pretty durn good to lose the weight and wear those pants we couldn't wear before I have a closet full of 18's to size 7 pants due to all the years of LCing my problem is when I get down there I get this feeling of being thin and why can't I eat like any other thin person but of course lo and behold I can't do that I'm doomed to go right back up to where I am now and it's funny how fast the pounds come flying back on, I mean it could take me a year to lose em and 4 months to gain em all back. LCing has to be a way of life for me even though I miss the simple things and there's times I think one little bite won't hurt but it does and then I get disgusted at myself for taking that one little bite. It's like were surrounded by carbs (the evil ones) but we don't need them to survive their only a "comfort" food and they taste so darn good but the choice is do I really need that comfort or I do I want to look good and feel happy with myself. So we suffer now but in the end we get paid, especially when you start getting noticed by people that never noticed you before and let me tell ya the hubby is the first if your married lol. The last time I lost 32 pounds on this and my hubby got soooo jealous it was funny. Why is he not jealous when I'm 200 pounds but jealous at 168??
Anyway the benefits outweigh all the obstacles!! Ok girls keep me informed how were doing. I ate a big large steak off the grill and that was soooooo good. I have to find different ways of cooking the meat or I get sick of it fast you know what I mean??

Hi There, congratulations on your weight losses, keep it up and don't backslide. If you cheat just teeny bit, it becomes a bad habit.

As for cooking meats a different way, I put beef, chicken and lamb in a reynolds baking bag, load up the bag with herb seasonings and cut up veggies (like green/red peppers, squash, string beans, onions, along with a little tomato)--put the bag in a pan in the oven for 1/2 hour + or -. There you have a whole meal, no need to fix salads and no need to crave starches. IT"S YUMMY!

tristesas
Mon, May-26-03, 13:57
Sounds yummy I would like to try that but maybe add some type of hot spice since I love hot food. That doesn't make sense now does it me being from Florida and liking hot food....Totally exhausted today my son has this idea that someone is trying to "get" him from his window at night and I had to change his entire room to another room today. He's my last of the crop 8 years old and going through some kind of stage I would say. Since my house is huge 4 bedrooms and just me and hubby and son left here, my daughters have all grown and gone off and gotten married I have 2 spare bedrooms that makes life alittle bit more easier on decisions like this, I just pray I don't have to move him again anytime soon or I really don't think I'll be able to lol. ok see ya later