PDA

View Full Version : Zucchini Hash Browns

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pamlyn
Fri, May-23-03, 19:19
Found this receipe on the Internet & thought I would share it with you all. Have just finished making it & really enjoyed. I added some Moroccan Spice seasoning. There must be a whole lot more, but I'm a *limited imagination* cook. If anyone has any suggestions, would love to hear them...

1 cup grated zucchini
1 tbs grated onion
2 eggs, beaten
Salt & Pepper

Chuck everything in together, mix and drop heaped tablespoons of mixture in hot oil. Cook till done

Too easy! I just threw the lot in and basically made an omlette. DH suggested some cheese would go nicely with it.

Worked out the count & is:

Cals - 161
Fat - 10
Sat. fat - 3
Poly - 1
Mono - 4
Carbs - 4
Protein - 13
Fiber - 1

Cheers...Pam
:wave:

delia
Mon, May-26-03, 09:30
That sounds great I am going to try it. :daze: :daze: :daze:

city37
Fri, May-30-03, 10:02
:wave: :cool:
sounds like it would be nice, have to give it a try.
ps hi fellow aussies! :wave:

kmmer
Sun, Jun-01-03, 06:41
This is AWESOME. I was looking for something new for breakfast this morning and found your post. I had all the ingredients so I tried it. Quick and easy. Thank you so much for posting it.

lynne_dez
Thu, Jun-05-03, 20:09
Wow! I just fixed myself a pan of this for dinner, and it's so good! I never knew zucchini and eggs were such a good combination. :thup:

Norma June
Sat, Mar-18-06, 09:39
I'm going to try this recipe as a replacement for potato pancakes.

I can imagine forming the mixture into silver dollar sized pancakes (make that Toonie sized for those under 40 or 50 years of age :lol:

Can you imaging serving them with sour cream? Hmmm....

LadyBelle
Sat, Mar-18-06, 12:04
I've never added onions, but I make the zuccini hashbrowns often. Well ok I did make it often, been lazy anymore.

What I would do is grate the zuccini in the food processor. Then I would roll it up in paper towls and a bath towl to press out as much moisture as possible. Then I'd just toss a good amount in the fry pan and fry it up. More like loose hashbrowns then a hashbrown patty.