PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks & Zoloft!!! WOW

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dreamer4u
Fri, May-23-03, 14:37
Hi Everyone :wave: .
I'm a Newbie here hoping to make some new friends with common interests.
Maybe this will help someone out there:

To make a long story short I've had Anxiety Disorder with depression for 20 yrs. Last summer my whole body exploded with problems that was a blessing in disguise.
I developed food allergies that kicked in Hypoglycemia and massive GERD! I wound up in the Emergency room 3 times not being able to breathe. And of course my anxiety was massive.It took months of testing and me searching to find out what the problem was.All the hospital told me was my tests were normal and I had Gas!!! :mad: LOL Can you believe that?
I found an allergist and he came up with all kinds of food allergies (wheat,fish,corn,peanuts,apples,carrots) that I had been living off of trying to eat HEALTHY!!
If I stay off those foods and stabilize my sugar level my Anxiety attacks are practically none!!!! :thup:
After 20 years of having this horrible disorder something so simple can make all the difference in the world.
NOW...my only problem is losing weight from ZOLOFT :mad: I've gained 20 pounds and can't lose it. Trying to follow 3 different diets (Hypoglycemia,GERD,allergies) is very confusing. I'm going to replace the Zoloft because that's when the weight gain started.
If any of you have had any of these problems it might be well worth looking into.
Thanks for reading my heart goes out to all of you:)

bevbme
Sat, May-31-03, 13:21
I'm glad for you. That you found a cause not just a treatment for the symptoms.

The allergies are the main culprit -try to keep those out of your diet.

I wonder what it is about Zoloft and other SSRI's that cause the weight gain?

Azraelle
Thu, Jun-12-03, 04:22
Try L-Tyrosine, 300 mg,
Phosphatadyl Serine, 300 mg,
Vitamin B-12, 2500-5000 micrograms,
DMAE, 300 mg,
and/or Pregnenelone, ~50 mg.

I used to take Zoloft and Adderal for ADHD and OCD, until a change of jobs caused loss of health benefits. I had to find non-MD-prescriptive solutions. These worked for me. There was an almost immediate lift (within 45 minutes) after taking the megadose of Vitamin B-12 the first time, and L-Tyrosine works better than caffiene.

Jerrie
Thu, Jun-12-03, 21:59
:( I am on Zoloft too and I am finding it very hard to drop the pounds. I have also gained back some of my weight. This is like fighting an uphill battle. I do get really down about it. So what do I do? I give up the battle for a day or two and then try again. There's got to be a better way.

The good thing tho is I still go to the gym and I keep working out. I may never be thin but I will be healthier. :daze:

BeccaResRN
Fri, Jun-13-03, 01:29
I am on Zoloft and doing Ok...but maybe its because when I am depressed I eat everything.

I am also on Depo Provera...both of the meds are necassary for me right now but I may try those supplements suggested. I tried St johns wort but it takes so long to kick in that I got a relapase of depression

Jerrie
Fri, Jun-13-03, 11:30
Congratulations Becca!!!!
It must feel wonderful to reach your goal weight. Lot of hard work.

I dont know if I should be blaming Zoloft its helped me a lot with depression. I am more than likely making excuses and should just blame myself for not staying commited. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. And sometimes its just easier to give up. I guess I need to work on my will power. I keep taking 2 steps forward and 3 giant ones back but I keep trudging on. LOL

Take care and congrats once again.

Jerrie