PDA

View Full Version : Hello new friends - I'm a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MaryMac
Thu, May-22-03, 16:07
Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have found inspiration in reading helpful tips and success stories so I have registered here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you and hopefully I will have a success or two or ten or my own to share.
Lifes ups and downs have been keeping my weight more up than down... I have not paid much attention to my health.
I am following Atkins and slowly seeing results.
I have gone ahead and purchased a couple of outfits that are too small now, I hope to be in them by July this year (I bought them over a year ago).
I will be combining an at home exercise program and low carbing. I tried the Zone all of last year and while I lost some weight initially, I found it difficult to stick with and ket cheeting - Atkins is easier for me and I'm seeing results.
Wish me success and thanks for sharing.
Mary

Linnea
Thu, May-22-03, 16:13
Hello Mary!

Great to see you here! I have been on this board for quite some time. This is certainly the place to come for support.

I see we have pretty much the same start and goal weights, good luck to you!

Talk again soon!

Linnea

MaryMac
Thu, May-22-03, 16:26
Well thank you and good luck to you too! I see you have posted mini goals - I think that's a really smart idea, I'm going to come up with few goals for myself.
You know the way that your mini goals and your fitday information shows up on your post... Is that because it is in your signature box?
Let me know if you get a minute, I have to get back to work now. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement.
Mary

Linnea
Thu, May-22-03, 16:28
Yup.. you can put anything you like in the signature box.