PDA

View Full Version : new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amiee3377
Wed, May-21-03, 13:26
Hi everyone,

I thought that I had started the Atkins diet yesterday but someone told me that I couldn't eat fruit. I bought the book but I was only on chapter 5. So I skipped to chapter 11 to read the foods that I should not be eatting. Ok well today I am having slight withdrawal symptoms. I feel gittery. I am going to try to stick to this the best way that I can. I was doing fitday.com off and on before I started atkins and I realized that I was eatting too many carbs then. The highest number for this month was 239 so for me to eat a half cup of watermelon yesterday and still only have 20g of carbs. I think that I had a major accomplishment.

Amiee

tgill32177
Wed, May-21-03, 14:10
Amiee,

What phase are you doing on Atkins? Sorry but I was confused by your post?

Induction does not allow fruit. Once you go on to the Ongoing Weight Loss then you can have some fruit. Remember that the purpose of induction is to rid your body of sugar. Once you get into lipolysis then your body will resort to burning fat which causes weight loss.

It is good that you got the book and are reading it. I find something new each time I read it. ( 3rd time )

Hope to see you around!

Tanya :D

Rachel22
Thu, May-22-03, 21:20
aimee, if you don't want to read the book again just browse through here and you'll find out what you are supposed to do. i did the same thing with protein power, i skimmed. but the first 2 weeks are the most critical. not fruit, nuts, or carbs for that matter. if you are confused, type the item of food in the carb counter or get a book of food nutrtion. i got one from the library to learn what is good and what is bad.
if you have more questions, just post a message and someone will always be there to answer it. good luck!