PDA

View Full Version : hi..I am very new to this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

s_lemish
Wed, May-21-03, 08:32
Never been on a diet (or lifestyle). Absolutely clueless about carbs. Ate everything, all the time. Had an old scale, which now I don't believe worked. It finally said 255. Been doing this for about a week or so - very diligently and bought a new scale and it now reads 234. Read some other posts just before this about people who waited to weigh themselves. Didn't know about this of course.

Not really a "joiner" but I am serious about this. I need lots of help . . . information. Read the tips and stuff on this website and it provided much info, but most of all it showed me how much I don't know about this.

Will read thru the posts and get more info and motivation I hope.

Thanks for any encouragement,

Steve

Talon
Wed, May-21-03, 10:50
Welcome aboard Steve! :wave:

Take a look at the "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" under the bookmark/quick links on the right of this page.

This way of eating takes some getting used to - but it is well worth it in your health and well being. My biggest suggestion is read the book! If you've read it before, read it again. Each time you will get a new perspective that wasn't there before.

Good luck!

decaturbob
Thu, May-22-03, 16:25
Right on,

I'm new to this too. Got back from vacation about 4 weeks ago and stepped on the scale and saw 243 and said that's it. This is day 27 and I have lost 19 lbs doing a my own version of the LC diet. This forum is great and I finally joined it today. Anyway. this LC thing is a minute by minute change of eating style.....

Dewdropt
Fri, May-23-03, 03:11
Hi there,
I don't have alot of advice to offer because I too have only been at it a week, but I suggest checking out some Low-Carb diet books from the library and learn about ketosis and carb addiction.
The Atkins site is also helpfull. Good Luck!

s_lemish
Wed, May-28-03, 07:54
Take a look at the "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" under the bookmark/quick links on the right of this page.

This way of eating takes some getting used to - but it is well worth it in your health and well being. My biggest suggestion is read the book!

Thank you for the post and info. I did look at the low-carb plans but was not sufficient information to decide. I assume you are talking about the Atkin's book? Have not read it yet; is there more than one; is there a summary?

Thanks for you help,

Steve

thebigman
Wed, May-28-03, 17:09
Hi Steve,

Have you checked out the Atkins website site? if you go there and follow the how to do Atkins link and the INDUCTION you will find easy to print out guides on how to do induction and a simple list of allowed foods.

Dead simple, if it ain't on the list you ain't going to eat it!!!!

I can honestly say that this way of eating is totally satisfying, you loose your hunger and cravings and you loose weight in less than 8 weeks I have shifted 46lbs, if I can do it anyone can.

Hope you find the info you need to make the right choices, good luck and have a good weekend when it comes

AlluraD
Thu, May-29-03, 11:11
Welcome~ *s*
The Atkins site is great, lots of information.........it is a different approach when you aren't familar with it but the do's and don't are pretty simple.......and it works!! Men lhave a higher muscle ratio and tend to lose pretty quickly, especially at first.
Just browse around in the different forums here........a wealth of advice and experience to draw on~