PDA

View Full Version : Plateau

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

siobhan
Wed, May-21-03, 05:42
Hi

This is my first time on the site.

I have been doing the Atkins diet since March. My starting weight was 143lbs and I am now 138lbs, please can you look at my food intake and advise me where I am going wrong.

I'm from Dublin Ireland, I play tennis three times a week and go the the gym three times a week but find it impossible to loose weight. My only weakness is white wine l love a few glasses during the week.

My diet usually is as follows
BREAKFAST
Omlette for breakfast with few mushrooms and one slice of cheese with Mayo
LUNCH
Chicken with salad & a little raw onion, half a tomato & mayonaise.

DINNER
Meat grilled (Steak or lamb chops)
Small amout of vegetable (Allowed vegetable) boiled

Drinks lots of water through out the day

I drink about 4 glasses of white wine a week.

Any suggestions I am trying a the moment not to drink any wine.

Talon
Wed, May-21-03, 10:48
Welcome! :wave:

Sound like you are doing well, but I wonder if you are eating enough for your activity level? Have you tried to put your menu through the free www.fitday.com ? It will give you a better understanding of the carb count, and calorie count (to see if you are eating enough)

jedswife
Wed, May-21-03, 10:57
yeah i would suggest using fitday.com as well. looks like you might need to up your fat intake as well. it should be about 60% fat to 20-30% protein.

siobhan
Thu, May-22-03, 02:41
Thanks for your reply, I have used fitday. I will trying eating more and see what happens.