PDA

View Full Version : Well...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

spiice
Tue, May-20-03, 20:53
I need Help!! I have been on Weight Watchers for about 9 weeks now and have lost 14lbs. I have been reading about the atkins diet and have heard good things. I bought a book a few years back but couldnt find it as we have moves a couple times since. Im a bit embarrassed to ask if anyone can give me a basic run down on the diet of what to and what not to be eating. As soon as i get to town ill buy a new one, but im frustrated atm with my wieght and am motivated to give this a try. Weight watchers is working, but i find myself deprived some how. I was told the atkins diet is more filling. HELP :) !!

LD

spiice
Tue, May-20-03, 21:52
hehe kind of pressing refresh over and over hehe pathetic i know but can anyone give me a direction.

g.sars
Tue, May-20-03, 21:59
Spiice, you might try:atkinscenter.com as a starting point. It is very comprehensive and will give you some good information on how to start.

Good luck. I am glad you have decided to try this way of eating and way of life. When I did WW, all I thought about was food. I have found LC wol to be really freeing and I hope you will find it so as well.

Good luck and read some of the posts here to help. Also there is a good site, thinner.com that can help as well.

Gwen

spiice
Tue, May-20-03, 22:11
Hi, just found the atkins forum :). I had bought a book years ago on atkins and lost it !! I found a print out (in the forums) of the induction period and will start tomorrow. Can you list me ideas of what your eating in a day. breakfast lunch super kind of thing? I realize induction is differant but how does it change one through the two week period?

Anyway, any help would be awesome!! Im keyed up just need some great ideas!!

LD :roll:

Karen
Wed, May-21-03, 00:13
Hi spiice!

Can you list me ideas of what your eating in a day. breakfast lunch super kind of thing?
Take a little trip over to the Journal Forum and peek at the beginning of peoples journals. There's lots of ideas there!

You might also want to pick up Atkins New Diet Revolution. It is jammed full of information. Think of it as a blueprint for your low-carb life.
I realize induction is differant but how does it change one through the two week period?
That's all in the Journals too! ;) It's different for everyone but almost everyone experiences withdrawal symptoms. Maybe headaches, irrtability, a few aches and pains...It goes away and you have a feeling of newfound energy!

Karen

AmberAA1
Wed, May-21-03, 04:28
Hi Spiice, when I first came I didn't have my book yet and someone gave me the greatest link, and now I'll pass it on to you. Just click here (http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/induction.html) , it was very helpful for me and I thanked god's stars that Talon gave it to me. Good Luck!