PDA

View Full Version : hi all........ new today!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IMAGEMAKER
Mon, May-19-03, 15:06
today I started Atkins for the, at least 3rd time....I love the diet and really feel great on it.....but sugar is my enemy.....! as you can see by my name, I am a portrait artist, and also a mother of three (2 sons and one daughter) also a grandmother of two (boys) one male cat and one male golden retriever...I'm surrounded by males in this house....oh and one husband!!!
I'm also interested in discussing psoriasis if anyone else is? good luck to all of us.

lucky1
Mon, May-19-03, 21:59
I just found your post tonight and I"d be interested in hearing what your psoriasis experience has been since LCing. I have had the first episode in my life about 2 months after starting Atkins, but i don't know if there's a real or jsut a spurious connection.

IMAGEMAKER
Tue, May-20-03, 07:34
HI LUCKY1 I think I got edited...cause I mentioned a Dr.'s name and what he suggested as a treatment....(which doesn't conflict with the Atkins diet) in my intro..... anyway I have been having very good success with it.... :wave: I started with psoriasis the first time I was on the diet.......about 2 to 2 1/2 years ago......I was on a forum then and several people had it but don't know when theirs started ....just remember one of their doctors said to use the psoriasis shampoo all over in the bath or shower, which I thought was a good idea......

Karsuepas
Tue, May-20-03, 11:07
Hi Imagemaker...welcome aboard. I don't have the psoriasis but I notice that we both have the same weight and around the same goal weight. I am new at this too so maybe we could help eachother.

Karen