PDA

View Full Version : oldie but newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tristesas
Mon, May-19-03, 11:25
Hello peoples what a great place I found here seems like all the other times I've tried and failed at my atkins diet I never had a place to go and vent it all. Ok here's the deal on me Everytime I've been on atkins diet I lose weight but the problem is when I get down there I feel too secure and go back eating regular foods and go right back up duh right. I did manage a 3 year faithfulness at one time in my life. I'm 45 and have been doing this since my late 20's but honestly this is the only way I can lose weight other than starvation so here I am back again first day today and I already the "blissful" headache but I can handle this as always, I do fear for the future though, I have 3 obstacles 1-I have fibroid tumors with tremendous bouts of bloating which I hopefully will be getting took care of in july 2-a husband that constantly wants to eat out 3-a mother-in-law that gets "hurt" when i don't try her wonderful meals she makes. So here we are wondering how I will get through all my obstacles but feeling very secure and defiant. I will be seeing ya'll and a word of advice from an oldie but newbie "hide the scale after the first week" :daze: it will drive you crazy obviously were not gonna have an everyday weight loss and seeing the scale everyday is not the answer, the answer is time and we all have plenty of that. huggggggs

Talon
Mon, May-19-03, 12:05
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

You can do it this time and keep it off - try thinking of this as not a diet, but just a way to eat. I like your idea about hiding the scale! :)

tristesas
Mon, May-19-03, 17:05
Thanks Talon for the encouragment so far so good I'm done eating for the day and night of my first day of my "non" diet and I believe I did pretty durn good if I do say so myself...although the headache is still present and the constant running to aleviate my water is a good sign I"M ON WAY TO KETOSIS! Although I now have to throw out a heck alot of leftovers from dinner I cooked for "them" you know the evil other people that live in my house and donot diet. Oh well thank goodness I have a dog...........see ya tomorrow

Talon
Mon, May-19-03, 17:10
Hmm.... maybe I should get a dog? :lol: Nah, the birds and cats probably wouldn't like it.

tristesas
Tue, May-20-03, 11:37
Talon
you know the advice about hiding the scale ok well actually it should be having somone esle beside you hide the scale ok.....I peeked at the scale today and it just peeked right back and I did none of the "yes yes" dancing or anything like it and I just kinda wanted to spit on the scale but my feet were there so it's a definite no-no till next week, my son will do the official duty of hiding the scale for me when he gets home from school yeppers!
Also I have figured out I have a "carb habit" problem it's kinda like the habits I always had make me want to pop them in my mouth...you know like when cleaning house and theres a carb just waiting to be popped in the mouth while I'm in the kitchen right......but I realized today that almost without even thinking I came very close to popping a carb but stopped so I came here to exclaim my almost sin! I mean I wasn't even hungry I just saw the carbs (in this case a can of cheetos) and came very close to picking them up when I stopped and realized. Now I have to overcome old habits too as if I didn't have enough to do already. I always did hate the first week of "induction" but I know once I get past this week I will be much stronger and I will have all new habits on eating and none of this will phase me but right here and now it feels pretty darn yucky!!!