PDA

View Full Version : hello... back for good this time!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moony
Mon, May-19-03, 02:59
:wave: hello!

my name is Jo and I have been low carbing on and off since July 2001 - I originally lost 2.5 stone (and had another 2 to go!), but an early xmas party in 2001 kicked off a long carb binge (there are always excuses if you think hard enough, eh? ;) ) compounded by the weight not going back on too fast and I got lazy. I am now right back to my start weight.

I have started and given up about 3 times losing about a stone in the induction each time, thinking 'oh bugger it' and going back to my old ways and putting it on again.

I now have an immediate goal - I would like to be a UK size 14 for a wedding in mid August, AND STAY THERE (or go down to a UK size 12... dream :D )

As I have PCOS this is a health thing as well as a aesthetic thing - I know low carb has to be the way I live, but I get lazy too easily, especially at holiday times, party times, when I am ill or under pressure... I am sure it's the same for everyone!

anyway, just thought I would say hello (again!) and I hope to speak to you when I get time in the forums :)

thanks,
Jo

Talon
Mon, May-19-03, 07:36
Welcome back Jo! :wave:

This way of eating is getting more and more acceptance worldwide - hopefully that will make it easier for people to stick with it.

moony
Mon, May-19-03, 09:03

yes, it would be great if all prepackaged salads (in the UK - particularly Safeways, the supermarket closest to my work) didn't seem to include either pasta or potatoes!! :)

jo

Rachel22
Mon, May-19-03, 11:23
hey jo. welcome back. i too am restarting today. i am back from a 3 month carb binge. i am ready and hopefully i got the cheating out of my system. i hope that we both do great and stay put this time. i also have PCOS and know this is best, but the fat person comes out every once in a while and has to have the chips and cookies. good luck to you. if you need support, come on over to my journal. i'll be here.

moony
Wed, May-21-03, 09:22
thanks Rachel :) ikwym about the fat person coming out! LOL!! ;)