PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

twostars
Sun, May-18-03, 21:29
Hey, I'm Jenelle and I've been doing the Atkins Diet for three weeks and one day. I have been reading the posts on this site for that entire time and they have informed me and helped me along so much. I decided to actually post for the first time because I finally have a number to put in that "current weight" category that is different from my starting weight. I personally don't see any difference in myself, but was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale for the first time after three weeks of HARD work (I was a carboholic). I had lost 17 pounds. That's so much more than I ever expected to lose in such little time.
I just want to thank everyone for informative posts. It really makes me feel like I'm not doing this alone. Hopefully this was the first stepping stone in lots of weight loss. I feel great about myself.

:wave:

Galadriell
Sun, May-18-03, 22:07
Welcome to the forum, and congratulation not only to your weight loss, but to your successful fight against carboholism.

And something else: my utmost respect for not stepping on the scale for three weeks:-))

twostars
Mon, May-19-03, 20:07
Originally posted by Galadriell
And something else: my utmost respect for not stepping on the scale for three weeks:-))

I guess it helps when you don't own a scale. For all I know, my starting weight could have been higher. That is what I weighed the last time I went to the doctor (March). I was adamant on not weighing myself just in case it wasn't working (I didn't think it was). I just happened to be at my friend's house after we got done working out and she asked how much weight I lost. I didn't know, so she said I could use her scale.. I have to admit, I was a bit frightened :p