PDA

View Full Version : Any newbies not losing on scale but in waist

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4kara
Sun, May-18-03, 07:50
Hello. I am trying to learn how to use this site and get around. I have been on this diet for about 3 weeks and the scales have hardly moved. I can tell by my pants that they are getting a bit looser though.

I fill much better than when I was on weight watchers. I was trying to do low fat and was actually gaining weight. I was always hungry.

On low carb, I am not always ravenously hungry. I eat to much sometimes and I think that the sodium content in the food choices is holding me back some. Like bacon, or cheese, or hot wings, (the hot sauce I use has alot of sodium in it).

I am taking vitamins, etc. and sticking with it, regardless. I believe that perhaps I am eating to many calories while keeping it at 20 carbs. or less.

somebody talk to me.

Karsuepas
Sun, May-18-03, 15:36
I have been doing this for 14 days now and my scale has not moved yet either but I can see a difference in the way my clothes are fitting and also how I can fit behind the wheel of my car. I don't know what it means and I hope the numbers on the scale will move soon.

Karen

Alina
Sun, May-18-03, 15:42
Hi,

why not use www.fitday.com to actually calculate what you are eating??? I would be lost without it in the beginning.

Now about the measurements - I've been on this WOE for 4 months soon and during 8 weeks I have not lost an ounce but I've lost 4 inches in my waist alone. This is how it works - sometimes we lose weight, sometimes just - getting smaller.
My advice is - follow the plan as written and it will work, promise!
Look at my newbies checklist below if you want.
Best of luck! You are going to make it!!! :wave:
Alina

Roberta
Sun, May-18-03, 16:31
If you were doing the Standard American Diet (SAD) before starting locarb, you were probably protein deficient. Also, in most diets you lose muscle mass along with fat.That's why when you went off the diet, you gained back more weight than you had lost.

On locarb, when your body starts getting all of the good protein you are feeding it, it starts to do 2 things: first it starts dumping nasty fat, and 2ndly it starts rebuilding the muscle you lost over the years. So you are losing FAT, it just isn't showing up on the scales yet. This is a very GOOD thing to be happening. Muscle burns more calories than fat so your metabolism will speed up.

See, I have been telling people for years that I've been buying the bodybuilding magazines for the ARTICLES and not the PICTURES!!! LOL.

:)

pianogirl
Mon, May-19-03, 12:29
My scale numbers move downward so slowly I wonder if I'm even losing at all...but then I notice that my clothes are roomier, I have tons of energy, and muscles are indeed forming from my workouts, so have faith! It seems to happen at its own pace. Good luck!

4kara
Mon, May-19-03, 18:16
pianogirl,

I am hanging in there. I feel a lot better than I did when I was on weight watchers. I was always starving then.

Unfortunately while low carbing I tend to eat foods that have a lot of sodium content in them. Like cheese, some olives here and there.

I am drinking a lot of crystal light. I try to eat eggs often, since I raise some chickens and get fresh eggs every day. I just had a baby chick hatch out this morning. They are so cute and fluffy.

Enough for now, got to go.

4kara
Mon, May-19-03, 18:20
Karsuepas,

We are both going to hang in there, right! I enjoy this website and even more so once I get the hang of it. Roberta has been a big help with her information.

:D What does Karsuepas mean? Is it just mixed up parts of words to make up your logger name? Just curious, you don't have to tell me.

Kara