PDA

View Full Version : this is my 1st day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kiki723
Sun, May-18-03, 07:42
hey my name is kiki and this is my 1st day doing the atkins, i registered a while ago but i finally decided to start today - any tips that you use when you dont want to cheat

thebigman
Sun, May-18-03, 08:55
Hi kiki,

Well done on starting out on this way of eating, induction can be a bit of a shock to the system, and can I encourage you to firstly drink loads of water, always have a bottle at hand.

Snacks I enjoy esp on induction are chcken wings/drumsticks, cold meat etc all zero carbs.

You will love this way of eating because one of the first things you will notice is your hunger dies away, and after a few days you will find yourself in control, and thats such a great feeling :D

Hope you have a good week, and remmember to keep up the water!!!

Roberta
Sun, May-18-03, 12:58
Hi Kiki,
Glad to see you'r taking the plunge!

Here's my tips;

1) start a journal to record your food. With people popping in and out to see what you're up to, it tends to keep you on the straight and narrow.

2) load up your fridge with legal goodies, cold cooked meats, cheeses, veggies, snackey things like pork rinds. It's a lot easier to avoid temptation when you can just open the fridge and graze on the legal stuff. :)

jude
Sun, May-18-03, 13:16
Hi Kiki,

Welcome! If you're like most of us here, you're going to love this way of eating.

If it's feasible, in addition to Roberta's tips, clean out your cupboards of all the "bad" foods--if you can't, then at least put your food in a separate space. Most of it will be in the fridge anyway.

Register at Fitday http://www.fitday.com It's a great place to keep track of carbs, etc. And record your food before you eat, so there are no nasty surprises.

Good luck!

jude

coolazchic
Mon, May-19-03, 07:01
My advice is get rid of all of your tempations, go on fit day and start a journal. You should be fine. The beginning is the toughest! Good luck!! :)

carlab68
Wed, Jul-23-03, 09:43
:Party: :Party: :Party: :Party:

Happy Birthday kiki!!!

:Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: