PDA

View Full Version : Not quite "new"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Blkats7
Fri, May-16-03, 17:21
Hi Everyone! I am not new to low carbing nor new to this site. Unfortunately, my past experiences have not been what you would call an "overwhelming Success". I've seen by the various posts that this WOL works and I could really use some feed-back and tips from those who have overcome the temptations. It seems that I do very well the first four or five days ( well under 20 gr of carbs per day) then I see no results (no weight loss, no turning "color" on the keto strips) then the week end comes and I'm off and running. Intellectually I know that I have to be patient--but for whatever reason I'm not. Am I a lost cause?

I am a 57 year old female who is taking medication for hypertension(big surprise at 200 lbs., lol ), high cholesterol and Wellbutrin as well as Protonix for acid reflux.
This week I have used fitday.com and reported everything and my average carb count was "14"--still no color on keto strips, not even pink. Could I be eating too much fat? Average of 72% (including eggs). No caffeine, no aspertame(spelling?)only sweetener came from splenda and that was minimal. HELP!!
:confused:

Roberta
Fri, May-16-03, 20:59
Throw the sticks away! They are just depressing you!

They don't always work right. If you are drinking alot of water, you won't turn the strip even though you are in ketosis.

You need to preplan for the weekend. I load my fridge up with legal goodies--cheese, salady things, Atkins candy, cold cooked roast beef (from the deli counter), sometimes cold chicken, a steak. It's easier to avoid temptation when you can just open the fridge and graze away!!!

Don't give up, locarb works, you just have to stick with it.

And here is something really motivational! I have the same gastric condition you do, when I'm sticking to locarb IT CLEARS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blkats7
Tue, May-20-03, 19:04
Thank you for your tips and support. I am going to need all the help that I can get. So far I have not had any serious slips, just went a little over the 20 carbs over the week-end, but I'm not beating myself up. I am still way below, probably would have consumed around 200 carbs, what I used to do.

Thanks again. :wave: