PDA

View Full Version : I'm new!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC2FreeMe
Thu, May-15-03, 16:10
Hi, I'm new and thought I would pop in and say hi! I just started with TSP last week, after trying the Suzanne Somers program. I liked the idea of somercizing, but was interested in what DR. S. had to say, so I bought her book. After reading both, I do believe that TSP will be the best way for me to achieve my goals! Unfortunately, I have to start over again. I did great for a few days, but I am the type of person who will do great on a plan for a few days, and then just blow it, and give up. I need to stop that behavior though. I am hoping to find lots of support in this forum! I am sure there are many people here who have been through the same things I have, and I would love to hear how you all have managed to stick with it and succeed.
These are my goals:
1. Heal my body. I can no longer live with the fatigue, depression and ibs. I need to be healthy again.
2. Lose weight. I am very unhappy with the way I look.
3. Heal my heart and love myself again.
4. Have a baby.

All of these things seem so easy, and yet they are so hard.

LC2FreeMe

Bustmybutt
Thu, May-15-03, 16:27
Welcome, I am new here too. I came from the Somercizing boards as well.

I feel that TSP is the best plan for me too. However, it is my last and only hope now, since nothing else has worked. I sure hope Dr. S and her plan work for me. I am noticing changes in how I am feeling already. I wake up refreshed in the morning, but still have no stamina during the day. I have my highs and lows.

Good luck to you.

Piano
Thu, May-15-03, 17:15
Welcome to both of you. I'm glad you've joined us. There is plenty of support. Be sure and start and journal and post those goals. Just remember when you blow it, just pick yourself up and keep goin'! Everyone blows it.

Piano

jujuF25
Thu, May-15-03, 20:55
Welcome on board LC2FreeMe and Bustmybutt!! :wave:

LC2FreeMe,
that's funny, when I read your post I could have been reading my own words (except for the baby).

I did somersize too before switching to TSP.

Before being a swcharzbeiner, I was constantly hungry (even right after my meals), always thinking about food, and in a bad mood when I couldn't just sit on my chair and watch the ceilings. lol

I have been following TSP for one week now, and my energy has already increased. I can really feel it. My cravings are gone. And I even lost a few pounds (I'm not sure this is due to the plan though).

I'm just like you : I'm the type who's going to follow strictly a plan for a week, and then...bang!!! So, this time, I watch carefully to eat every 2-3 hours.

KoKo
Fri, May-16-03, 05:56
Before being a swcharzbeiner, I was constantly hungry (even right after my meals), always thinking about food

That was me too, I was one of those people who would not eat breakfast and often not even lunch because I was not hungry until I ate. If I ate breakfast I was hungry all day long so I had reached the conclusion that the best way for me to eat was to wait till late afternoon.

Since starting SB2 I have been able to eat 3 meals a day and not be hungry inbetween. In fact it is often a problem to be able to eat the 2 snacks she recommends for my type IS BOAG - I have been making my portions smaller and smaller in order to be able to fit in the 2 snacks per day. There were a few days at the very beginning where I found myself hungry right before meal or snack time but the meals and snacks satisfied that hunger and I was full untill shortly before the next meal. I know that lots of other people on this plan have had exactly the same experience. It's something about the balance of the meals and snacks that just provides such total satisfaction without triggering any cravings.

Like many people I was afraid to try this as I was convinced I would immediatley gain a lot of weight - this has not happened and I feel so healthy, lots of energy and am even sleeping better already.

I hope you other newcomers will soon find yourselves feeling the same way.

:wave:

Luisa777
Fri, May-16-03, 08:28
Welcome!! you are so not alone. I always do the same. I do great for a few days then I blow it on a horrible binge and give up. Now it has been different I have been messing up constantly but I have not given up. if I cheat for lunch I make sure that I keep going with the program the rest of the day. I find that this is actually helping me a lot.
I have been doing the SP for about 2 weeks now and I feel so much better already, I have much more energy and I actually have lost 3.5lbs and I know I could have lost a lot more if I didn't cheat so much. I think this program is great and even though is slower than most programs. well have a wonderful day and wish you the best! hey remember if you mess up one day just keep with the program, don't give up!
take care!! :wave: