PDA

View Full Version : new member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dee1089
Wed, May-14-03, 22:58
Wow I am impressed. I just became a member of this page and have finally found some one who also takes depakote and it is destroying their weight. I take one of the largest doses and there is no way I can not be on meds. My Dr is switching me to topamax in a few weeks. what kinds of dieting do you all do Im so intrested I have tryed everything under the sun...thanks

Chasintrai
Thu, May-15-03, 12:31
Dee,

Good luck with the new meds, hopefully you can find something that will work without messing up your weight loss.

thininBC
Sun, Jun-01-03, 12:49
I am a big believer in networking between your DR and pharmacist when adjusting your meds. Good luck to you and I hope you can find what works for you.

queenbeear
Fri, Jun-06-03, 19:40
:daizy: Hello dee1089, That is unfortunately one of the main side effects of Depakote. Works great for seizures and mood stabilization, but a killer on the weight gain. Hopefully you will have better luck with the Topamax and might actually be able to loose some weight with it! Good luck. Queen Bee