PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh In

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Piano
Mon, May-12-03, 12:27
Anybody want to join me on a weekly Monday weigh-in?! It may help us/me with accountability. I'll start. I got on the scales this morning and have lost 1 pound since last Monday. :hyper: I'll let you know next Monday how I did.

Piano

bookgurl99
Mon, May-12-03, 14:31
Haven't lost any weight. Got sick for a couple of days, and ate poorly. (Including a pint of ice cream!)

BUT, I'm feeling great now, rode bike 35 minutes today and walked another 35 minutes. I'm committed to exercising every day this week.

books

jujuF25
Mon, May-12-03, 14:37
:idea: Great idea Piano! I'm with you! :yay:

I only started SP a few days ago though.

Today my weight is 155 lbs... but I think my weight-loss is due to illness : I've been pretty sick the last 2 days, lying in bed with fever, and sweat a lot, so I must have lost a lot of water.
I'm glad I'm better now!

See ya here next monday!

judy130
Tue, May-13-03, 03:10
I'll join you, Piano. I am starting SP today again and I need to see just how I'm getting on. It won't worry me to get on the scale but it will be good to keep me on track. I had been weighing every Monday, anyway, but having to say how I've done will force me to take note too.

Yesterday I weighed 165.8 (just under 12 stone). Having said I won't worry, I think I will fall into a huge depression if I climb up to 12 stone (166)after all my efforts, so I do need someone working with me :D

Thanks
Judy

Piano
Tue, May-13-03, 14:51
I'm glad you all are joining me. Of course healing first is more important, but the extra motivation of accountability may help.

Piano :wave:

DramaDame
Tue, May-13-03, 18:19
Just weighed in for the week and I am down one pound.

The best thing is: I am feeling better!!!!

carpathia1
Tue, May-13-03, 19:37
Okay, Piano, I'll join you, but only if I can have my weigh in be on Wednesdays. I usually need some time to recover from the weekends! :rolleyes:

Carolyn

Piano
Wed, May-14-03, 08:13
Carpathia, Wednesdays is fine. Whatever floats your boat!

Piano

rosarugosa
Wed, May-14-03, 08:28
I think it is a great idea for those who care to. With myself, middle age hormonal shifts, hypothyroidism, and occasional non-compliance ( :D sounds more impressive than plain 'ole' cheating) my weekly posting would seem like the movie 'Groundhog Day' and bore every one. I do remember to update my info (to the left) on the rare occasion that I lose a lb.

I find that I have over the last several years, personally, that weighing daily has been very educational and helpful though in showing me how my body and the scales function. It isn't as scarey anymore.

Now that it is warm weather where I live I am hoping that I can start being more conscientious of what I should be doing to heal and hopefully shed the last 10 lbs. Hope springs eternal! I have been going over the book again and thinking maybe I should be watching saturated fats a little more carefully.

I will be lurking on this thread though. I enjoy reading of all the various thoughts and ideas written into the information to the left of our postings. Shows a lot of individuality here. Also so many interested in the long term future is something I respect.

carpathia1
Wed, May-14-03, 13:01
Piano, How about Thursdays? :rolleyes:

I weighed myself today and was back up to starting weight. Oh well, I guess that's what Dr. S. calls healing.

I'm not panicking bc I measured too and have lost according to my tape measure! :thup:

Carolyn

Rosemerry
Thu, May-15-03, 10:30
Rosarugosa ~ I totally am in the same boat as you. I've lost 7 lbs on TSP but it's taken 2 months and I haven't weighed myself lately. Also perimenopausal, hypothyryoid, and occasionally cheat (I like how you described it better, LOL)! so even weighing once a week can be depressing.

But I will eventually weigh and let yall know and will lend support to all you brave weekly weighers!

Rose

Piano
Thu, May-15-03, 17:22
Carpathia, CONGRATULATIONS on losing inches. I'd rather lose inches anyday.

Piano

carpathia1
Thu, May-15-03, 21:05
Thanks for putting into perspective, Piano! :) I was actually down a pound and a half today, so now I'm losing weight and inches!

Carolyn

Luisa777
Fri, May-16-03, 08:45
I am joining you guys but today is friday :daze: this week I lost 1lb and that it very suprising since I cheated all week. I will do better this week! :wave:

from 277.5 to 276.5 yeah!!! :thup:
take care everyone and have a great weekend! :wave:

bookgurl99
Sat, May-17-03, 09:53
From 180.5 to 177.5.

I'm surprised!

I'm finding it hard to eat as much as I'm "supposed" to. But I am _loving_ eating a salad with half an avocado on it for lunch. :D

p.s. this was despite cheating with 2 slices of cake (work party) and a snickers bar (forgot to pack lunch) this week.

caverjen
Sun, May-18-03, 21:11
Although I will have to weigh on Tuesdays when I go to the gym. I no longer own a home scale for obsessive/compulsive reasons. I think this is a good idea to be accountable to keep us on track. I was out of town most of last week and felt I ate pretty well considering we ate out a lot, but I'm still a little afraid to weigh Tuesday.

Jen

cheeser
Sun, May-18-03, 21:29
I'm in....I weigh in on Mondays or Tuesdays, depending on which day I get to the gym.

I went to a step class today so weighed in on Sunday. I'm down one pound after following TSP for 2 weeks (with a few poor eating decisions). I went from 124.8 to 123.4.

judy130
Mon, May-19-03, 03:59
Monday weigh in and I am the same weight: 165.8. I am going to cut down on the fruit and nuts and see what happens! Measurements still the same.

Judy

jujuF25
Mon, May-19-03, 06:12
Start TSP [05.07.03] :......159lbs
Last week [05.12.03] :... 155lbs
Today [05.19.03] :.......... 157lbs

I gained 2lbs, but I don't really care because I feel so much better. I may have lost inches but I didn't mesure so I can't really tell.

Since I am following a mixed of TSP and The Insulin-Resistant Diet, my carbs daily intake is higher than with strictly TSP (TISD allows 30g. carbs every two/three hours). But I guess it's a lot more carbs that my body need (I don't exercise). So my goal for this week is *trying* reducing my carbs intake.

Step by step... ;)

mmoranmic
Mon, May-19-03, 11:03
Today's weight is 168, down from 173 on May 5th. I finally got back with the program and I'm following TSPII with the low saturated fat version. I'm also doing weight training with my aerobic activity. This seems to work for me!!!!!!
Maureen

Piano
Mon, May-19-03, 11:49
I did not gain or lose this week. I had a tough beginning in my week but did fine the rest of the week. It helped knowing I was going to have to post my lose or gain, because it helped me get back on track!

Good job all of you. Judy, glad to see you are doing BFL exercises too.

Piano

DramaDame
Mon, May-19-03, 12:36
I must say I am surprised but pleased to annouce I am down 2 more pounds this week...the best part is I am feeling so much better and I don't get the sugar jitters anymore...hope everyone has a good week.

trisharau
Tue, May-20-03, 04:40
I usually weigh on mondays for recording purposes. Well then and today I was/am 54kg (119 POUNDS).

:wave:

caverjen
Wed, May-21-03, 04:56
127 - up 0.25# (noise level)

My biggest problem is waking up in the middle of the night starving and binging on cashews or other nuts. I do eat a snack before I go to bed and have tried different foods for snacks and it doesn't seem to matter. I am still nursing my baby at night. Any suggestions?

Jen

carpathia1
Wed, May-21-03, 16:16
Well, today was weigh in and I'm the same weight as last week. But I had a big cheat weekend (it was my 10 year wedding anniversary weekend) and was back up to starting weight, so I'm actually feeling good about being the same weight as last week. And the inches are down again! Yippee! :cheer:

Carolyn

bookgurl99
Sat, May-24-03, 07:50
Originally posted by caverjen
127 - up 0.25# (noise level)

My biggest problem is waking up in the middle of the night starving and binging on cashews or other nuts. I do eat a snack before I go to bed and have tried different foods for snacks and it doesn't seem to matter. I am still nursing my baby at night. Any suggestions?

Jen

hmm. . . I can't think of a specific reason for why this is happening, expect maybe you need more nutrients as a breast-feeding mother. have you tried increasing carbs by a few grams per meal? maybe if you bumped it up, say 5 grams per meal until you're through with breastfeeding, you can still lose weight and have enough to get you through the night. :D

how old is your baby, btw?

bookgurl99
Sat, May-24-03, 07:54
AAUGH! I gained back to 181, my starting weight!

I had a major cheat week, including 2 birthday parties to attend, visitors that came into town, etc. When the creme brulee and krispy creams were in front of me, I did not turn away.

And now I've gained back!

This shows me that I need to come up with methods for avoiding these foods. Perhaps leaving when the desert comes to the table, or sticking to a decaf coffee at that time will help.

Also, I've realized that I can not just have a "taste" of certain foods. The first "taste" will lead to many more!

For the positive, this shows me that following TSP really helps. I'm back on the Healing Plan this week.

jessea
Sat, May-24-03, 09:03
Hi! I started SPII on May 6, and today I am officially down 5 pounds!!! I also lost three inches on my waist! I feel great, and everyday notice I feel better than the day before. I actually did Atkins for four months, felt lousy, and gained two pounds. This is the plan for me! I have kept cheating to a minimum, and have consumed no diet sodas, Atkins bars or protein shakes. I think those were my downfall before.

Of course, I still worry that this is a fluke and that the weight will sneak back. That's not possible, right? :confused:

-Denisebeiner (a "beiner sister")

judy130
Sat, May-24-03, 09:12
It is a holiday on Monday and I weigh myself at work, so did it on Friday instead. I have lost 1.5lbs YAY!! 164.5, and bodyfat down to 28%. I've waited ages for a downward shift so I am really excited and it's given me a good boost to keep going.

Cutting nuts out - I was munching on them most of the day - and cutting out fruit for now, seems to have worked. Again, I was overdoing the strawberries and melon. So I have decided to have half an apple or pear with cottage cheese now and again but to stick to veggies mainly.

Day 1 of BFL on Monday. I was doing well with the exercises, Piano, but starting getting hectic at work and got persuaded into other commitments like dropping off at school (got a 16 year old who couldn't get out of bed in time in the mornings on two occasions and missed the bus!). But I have decided to get back onto it and try to stick with it as I felt good and it was working well.

Good luck to all.

suzyq1958
Sat, May-24-03, 09:56
Piano, this is a great idea. I weigh every day, but will post my weight on Monday. Until then - Suzy Q

Piano
Mon, May-26-03, 11:38
Congratulations Judy, Drama and Denise on the weight loss!!!
:cheer:

I lost one pound this week and gained it back over the weekend! I actually had a pretty good week but went out to eat at Applebees last night and ate right before I went to bed, I had lemon water and a chicken quesadilla which is made of white flour, shouldn't have caused a whole pound gain.

Pianobeiner signing in!

jeanyyy
Mon, May-26-03, 15:09
OK, I'm going to do this, too. Weighed in today at 210, roughly. Hard to say cos the needle jumps around a bit, so I won't change my stats just yet. :D

mmoranmic
Mon, May-26-03, 15:22
Hi Gang:
My weight was up to 171 this morning!!!!!! I'll wait a day or two and see if will come back down before I channge my stats. I was out of town this weekend although I did bring veggies and lunchmeat I did end up eating other really bad food!!!!!! As someone mentioned, I need to really keep an eye on what I am doing and where and who I go out with! I may need to give up some of these out of town trips and stay home and take better care of myself. I didn't get enough sleep or enough exercise this weekend, I drank diet soda (toxic) and junk food. I was with my good friends who don't eat like I do and I went right along with them. I have no one to blame but myself. The good news is that this morning I started all over with my good food and I won't beat myself up over my mistakes. This is a way of life for me and I am striving for progress.
I do like the weekly weigh in because it gives me encourgagement and I like to see the progress that others are making!!!!!! Have a great week!
Maureen

Beth_N
Mon, May-26-03, 15:42
I'm in -- 172 this morning.

I went up to about 180 in the beginning, so I'm delighted to finally have some noticeable loss. I'm desperately in need of some new clothes, but haven't wanted to shop until I lost enough to fit comfortably in the ones I have again. Who wants to go up a size?!

Beth

suzyq1958
Mon, May-26-03, 18:09
Well, after 1 week of exercise and carb-tracking, I'm exactly the same weight as last week - 134.5 (I now believe those who tell me it's harder to lose weight after menopause). I haven't even cheated! I can do this.

Oh well, I do feel much better from eating healthier food and walking. Today, our whole family went for a 2 hour hike in the mountains (lots of uphill). The stream was really rushing with the spring runoff and a few wildflowers were starting to bloom.

DramaDame
Tue, May-27-03, 10:12
I am getting worried I am doing something wrong as the books keep stressing "YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT" and I am losing...down from 192 to 188...anyone with any ideas??? Will I suddenly start gaining again? I am following TSP I and I just finished TSPII. I am not sure what type I am but, am going to the doctor to check it out....I don't want to make things worse by eating incorrectly.
Any ideas???Please post in my journal...Thanks...DramaDame

Zoot
Tue, May-27-03, 11:38
I'm obsessed with my scales....nope< i don't look like a lizard:) but I am apt to weigh three or four times a day. Maybe if I start weighing with you all only on Mondays I'll have a much better outlook on my weight.....m-a-y-b-e....

tryin' hard,
Zoot

carpathia1
Wed, May-28-03, 12:55
Okay, I'm at 148.25 and have lost inches again. The inches are coming off quickly, the pounds, not so much, but I'm pleased.
Thanks, again to Piano :wave: for starting this thread and for the encouragement!

Carolyn

caverjen
Wed, May-28-03, 19:58
I'm still at 127 as of yesterday, but I'm ok with that since I finally got my period! :cheer: I was 2 weeks late, so even though dh has had a vas, I was getting pretty nervous. I hope at least a pound will come off next week, and I'm planning to recheck my body fat as well. I don't mind gaining weight if it is muscle.

Bookgurl, thanks for your response. I have tried adding and subtracting carbs from my meals. I actually seem to get less hungry if I eat fewer carbs, as long as I eat some with each meal. I eat 15-30 grams per meal, partially depends on how much non-starchy veggies I eat. My baby is 21 months old but still nurses at night. I did put a 1/4 cup measuring cup into the nut jar to help control my serving.

Jen

mmoranmic
Thu, May-29-03, 13:36
Hello Ladies,
I'm back down to 168 so I'm plase about that. I drank a bit over two gallons of water yesterday!!!!!! My food has been good and I've been consistant with my exercise.
Jen, was it you that provided the link to the military body fat calculator. It used your neck, waist and hip measurements. If you could let me know I would appreciate it! I think I'm about 30% body fat.
Regards,
Maureen

judy130
Mon, Jun-02-03, 07:16
Monday weigh in and I've lost another 2 lbs. Just incredible! Weight now 162.5. Can this last?!!

Judy

Piano
Mon, Jun-02-03, 07:33
Congratulations to all you losers!!!!

Judy 2 pounds
Maureen
Caver - glad you got your period
Beth
Carolyn - on the inches
Drama - WOW good problem to have!
sorry if I missed anyone

I got on the scales this morning and I'm down 1 pound!!!!! It really helped over the weekend knowing I would be weighing in too keep that pound off!

:cheer:

Welcome Jean

Have a happy healthy week!

Piano

trisharau
Mon, Jun-02-03, 07:35
Weight is down 2 kilos since I weighed two weeks ago. :)

suzyq1958
Mon, Jun-02-03, 08:45
CONGRATS to those who have lost this last week! Another week has gone by and I have maybe lost .5 lb. I've been consistently down that .5 lb for several days now. When I drop another 0.5, maybe I'll change my stats. Anyway, I confess that I cheated a little over the weekend. I got some soft serve ice cream in a cup on the way to the mountains for a hike (now how dumb is that ? the ice cream of course, not the hike ). I'll "see" you at next weeks weigh-in.

Piano
Mon, Jun-02-03, 09:14
Suzy another 1/2 pound melted!
Trish how much is a kilo in pounds. Wow to of those babies gone!

Pianobeiner

jeanyyy
Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:10
Well, no losses to report here. My scale is being wonky this week - so I don't know if it's a mechanical thing or if my weight is really jumping around a lot. I also have a cold & fever or something which is getting me down - I did hear that when you're ill, sometimes your body retains water? In any even, no progress to report.

mmoranmic
Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:48
I weighed in a 168 this morning so I'm holding. My weight varies day to day and it depends on what I eat and how late I eat the night before so I'm not worried. I was a good girl last week and I did very well this weekend. I ran and hiked 29 miles(Sat & Sun)and that requires extra carbs and I use em!!!!

My goal is to get down to 167 by the end of the week.

Good job to all of you who are losing pounds, kilos (2.2 lbs) and inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen

Beth_N
Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:23
I'm at about 173.5, 1.5 up. :rolleyes:

I'm premenstrual and bloated and feel huge. Somehow knowing that I'll be past this in a few days is never as encouraging as I want it to be.

I'm also pretty food-obsessed and insatiable this time of month, and have all the energy of a garden slug. It's hardest to exercise when I need it most; such is life.

Sorry I'm whiny. This, too, goes with the monthly territory for me. I had hoped this WOE would help that more than it has thus far. <sigh>

suzyq1958
Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:30
Maureen- how long have you been running/hiking? I just started run/walking/hiking again after a 3 year (yikes) hiatus. However, I never did more than 7 miles at one time - and I only did that once. You are truly an inspiration!

trisharau
Mon, Jun-02-03, 22:11
Hi Piano,

Divide pounds by 2.204 and you get kilos. Times a kilo by 2.204 and you get pounds.

So in pounds I lost (2 kilos x 2.204) 4.408 LBS altogether. :wave:

caverjen
Tue, Jun-03-03, 14:16
Down to 126#! :cheer: I had been stuck at 127# for about a month. Journaling again has really helped. I'm in the No cheat for June challenge, which is what I needed. I was getting sloppy - not measuring carbs, saving carbs for desserts, drinking diet sodas - and the weight was creeping back on. My friends are like, "why are you so worried about 2#?" but that's how people gain weight. It's hard for me to know how much to eat because my activity level and the amount dd nurses varies day-to-day. I decided to cut back on my carbs at meals to 20-25g and snacks 8-10g, but eat more snacks if I feel weak or hungry. I guess it's all trial and error.

Maureen - you go, girl! I'm getting back to running myself after my broken toe fiasco, but nothing like you're doing!

Beth - I totally feel for you. :there: My TOM was late this month so had 2 weeks of PMS - no fun! Do what you can, find some legal food that you enjoy for a treat, and plot out when your TOM will be over! :thup:

Jen

Beth_N
Tue, Jun-03-03, 20:12
Thanks, Jen. Started today, so I'm getting crampier, but much better emotionally. Still a bit snippy w/the kids though. :( I hate that, but I try to apologize and they're very forgiving.

Mostly I'm thankful because I've got a few days to get past the worst of it before we head out of town on Saturday, so I can plan on just enjoying our trip. :cool:

Beth N.

DramaDame
Wed, Jun-04-03, 09:24
No exciting news of a loss. However, I did go away for the weekend and didn't follow plan so well ( read--hardly at all...stayed at a b&b---not very low carb but, still needed to eat) so I am pleased that today when I weighed I was actually the same weight as last week. Still no period but, my body is trying so hard...everything feels swollen and tender...what a joy....

Congratulations all of you losers---way to go! I hope everyone of you are finding this program as wonderful as I am...I don't think I can remember feeling so good following a program that helps me lose weight and the best part is -- I know I am getting healthy from the inside out! Can't beat that!!! :)

Have a great week! DramaDame

carpathia1
Wed, Jun-04-03, 13:07
Okay, I'm at 148.5, but it's my TOM so I consider that a loss. And measurements are the same as last week too so I'm thrilled. Took my last BCP, so I'm anticipating results in my future :spin: .

Congrats to all the losers!

Carolyn

Hammj
Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:28
This is the day, isn't it?

I weighed in this morning at 116! I lost a pound!

Next!

Denise

MsJinx
Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:06
Hi everyone. Today is my first day of being on plan, so this will be my start weight (124).

Wow DB!! Going strong! good for you. Hope I'm in your shoes next week!

Jinx-o-bein

suzyq1958
Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:48
Well, it's finally coming off - down a total of 3 lbs now. I don't understand how the weight barely came off the firt two weeks and then melted off this last week. I think my body is just acting weird because of menopause (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Of course I know that weight loss is not supposed to be the goal, but it is a great benefit! My success for the week was making it through my mother-in-laws birthday dinner without cheating - it was hard because it had lots of my favorite foods (cake, ice cream. baked beans, etc). Looking forward to seeing everyone else's posts this week.

mmoranmic
Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:29
Good Morning Fellow SPers,
I'm down to 166 this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I traveled this past weekend up to Yosemite and ran a 50K near there. My food was good, I up my carbs when I run and I didn't cheat too bad, a bit of chocolate and more carbs.
Suzy, I ran my first marathon five years ago. I then started into trail running which led to ultra-running. It's a lot of fun and I love to be out in nature.
Beth, good luck with the toe and getting back. I had surgery in Jan and I know how hard it is to get back in the groove.
I really appreciate this board/forum and our weeekly weigh in. I don't lose every week and I like to see how others are doing, it keeps me on track. I need to get this weight off because it really holds me back! It's like I strapped a ten pound bag of potatoes to my ass and I haul it everywhere I go! One pound at a time it's coming off and I don't feel deprived or that I'm eating crappy food. I like the whole foods approach! Well, I better get back to work! Take care and as a group we are all getting healthier!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye,
Maureen

Piano
Mon, Jun-09-03, 20:15
I didn't lose this week, I'm just glad I kept off my 1 pound though.

I'm so happy for everyone that lost. You are doing great!

Good news I went to the doctor to get tested for insulin resistance and my insulin levels were fine. That means I am insulin sensitive with healthy adrenal glands!!!! Now I am rereading the book with myself in a different category.

Maureen, I love to jog but I *leak* when I do :blush: So I don't jog far! Anybody know of a solution besides depends? I'm not ready for that.

Jen, I understand what you mean about getting sloppy. Journaling helps me too.

Trish, thanks for the information on calculation kitos/pounds.

:wave: TTFN Pianobeiner

DramaDame
Tue, Jun-10-03, 00:33
Good Day Everyone!

No loss this week..in fact I am up one pound but the good news is: I have begun to spot which is the prelude to my period!!! That means it has been six weeks versus last time which was nine weeks between periods. I guess that means progress is being made which is always a good thing.

I hope to see less of everyone next week!

DramaDame

bookgurl99
Tue, Jun-10-03, 00:46
I've gained weight since I began due to cheating! My partner lost job, we got stressed, and suddenly the McDonald's $1 menu seemed quite alluring.

The 'mad cow' scare in Canada has made us less enthusiastic about meat, as well.

But, I have a fridge full of chicken and vegetables; I can make this happen.

judy130
Tue, Jun-10-03, 04:09
Hi Piano and other Sylphs on here,
Half a pound down this week. Isn't it funny that I lost almost two pounds each week for the last couple of weeks and I think a half pound loss is not good enough :D Yet, it's taken me ages to see the scale moving downwards. So I have to keep feeling motivated and not get downhearted. At least I am not yo-yoing any more as I have done for the past year. I am determined that it won't happen again and I will maintain the loss.

I am going on holiday from 7th July so I want to be sure I am completely happy with this WOE - it is now three weeks since I stopped all the sweet things I ate and craved ( perhaps ate but still slightly crave, ha ha).

The main thing is I feel so good, not just physically more energetic and "with it" but emotionally my self esteem has risen slightly, so if I start wavering I have to come back and read this.

Thanks all for this supportive thread. Bookgurl stay with it, it is worth it. DH and I stopped eating red meat a few years ago though I still cook lamb (no beef any more) for the kids. But chicken and fish make very versatile foods, and here they are reasonably cheap. DH was also out of a job for two years some time ago, took it very hard, so you have my sympathy. Good luck.

Judy

mmoranmic
Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:38
Hi Piano,
RE: leaking when jogging. Have you tried Kagel (sp?) exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor? That may help or perhaps your bladder needs to be checked to see if it has moved from it's original position. I do have a friend who does wear Depends when she runs. I don't know if she gets a rash or anything.
AFter I had surgery in Jan, I got a bad bug, had a cough and I was leaking a bit. I wore a mini-pad and started doing the exercises. I seem to be o.k. now but I still can't do any abdominal work.
I know that walking is just as good and there is something called "aqua jogging". Running in the pool with a waist belt for floatation. It's good for the body and easy on the joints as thee is no impact. I use it if I have an injury or for active recovery after a long race.
I hope that helps. Hey, good job on the blood work. I had burned out adrenals last year and it took a lot of time and rest to get back to feeling good. I honestly believe that the SP program is the best.
Bye,
Maureen

judy130
Tue, Jun-10-03, 12:42
Maureen, that is very interesting. When I was giving birth to my eldest, somehow my bladder was sewn up with the little tear I had, and even though it was an easy birth, I had to have a bag etc. It never was the same again and two pregnancies later, I found I leaked if I jumped up and down etc. I had a small bladder op done a couple of years ago as I didn't want the problem to get worse during menopause. But they warned me not to lift anything heavy or the op would come undone - with BFL I don't know if I made it worse, but I have started leaking again, mostly when TOM is about to appear.

I will look on the net for Kagel, sounds like something that might help as I don't want to give up BFL but I hate the lack of control when I leak. Not so much when I'm jogging but occasionally right out of the blue when I wait too long to empty it.

Judy

Piano
Tue, Jun-10-03, 13:11
Maureen, yes, I've tried the kegal exercises but I probably don't do them consistently enough to do any good. Maybe I should add that to my lower body workout! Aqua jogging sounds wonderful, there is a rec center being built about 4 blocks from my house, I can't wait for it to be done, it will open up more options for me. I have a very small home gym setup for now.

Oh and wow Suzy aren't you glad you didn't cheat! What a great reward 3 pounds!

Pianobeiner

caverjen
Tue, Jun-10-03, 15:46
Still at 126#, and I had my body fat tested last Friday and it was the same as 1 month ago. I cheated a lot last month, though, so I hope to see some progress this month. I actually have not cheated according to my goals so far this month. If I stay at 126 or even gain weight I am ok with it if I can lower my body fat. Did a really hard legs workout today with a friend who is a personal trainer, I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow!

Jen

Piano
Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:56
Jen,
a friend who is a personal trainer,

Out of curiosity what does your friend recommend for nutritional plan and for exercise plan?

Piano

bookgurl99
Sat, Jun-14-03, 09:05
after a few good days on track, i lost my gain (about 3 pounds gained just by 'letting it go!), and am down to 179.5. whoosh!

i'm realizing that i have to become somewhat obsessive about my carbs and meal planning. i have to stay vigilant, or i won't lose.

caverjen
Sat, Jun-14-03, 17:08
Piano,

I've never asked him directly. He is a bodybuilder (he's competing this month), so of course for exercise he emphasizes working out strenuously with weights, with cardio to burn off the fat. We have talked a little about diet, and I think he eats high protein but low fat. My old personal trainer recommended the old low fat/high carb diet, although she did say it was important to get enough protein.

Jen

KoKo
Sat, Jun-14-03, 18:34
Hi BookGurl

The 'mad cow' scare in Canada has made us less enthusiastic about meat, as well.

I understand how you feel, being a Canadian, when the story came out I immediately had second thoughts about eating beef. Although in the past I had poo pooed my Mother who has been avoiding beef ever since the scare started in Britain (but she's also paranoid about hormones in chicken and fish[sorry Wanda :o ]). The strange thing is that since I have been cutting out all artificial sweetners (except for the occasional slip) and caffeine - the last time I had a steak I found it "too meaty" if that makes any sense, I just did not enjoy the taste. In the past I have been a real carnivore - if I have liver it is so rare some people can not sit at the same table as me when I eat it. It's like I lost my taste for beef, I really love my homemade chili and spagehetti sauce but figure I can make them with ground chicken or turkey (I've never liked pork much). I can recall making a couple of recipes using mushrooms instead of beef and they were pretty good -actually tasted almost too beefy.

Honestly I believe now that it was an isolated case that somehow happened spontaneosly - since it appears all the testing has come out negative. On the other hand the government has been known to lie from time to time (there is no smiley sarcastic enough to fit here) - considering that Mad Cow disease has such a long incubation period I can't blame anyone who chooses to avoid beef. The others in my immediate family choose to continue - I just can't do it myself right now.

wcollier
Sat, Jun-14-03, 18:56
Hi Koko:
(but she's also paranoid about hormones in chicken and fish[sorry Wanda ]
:lol: Actually there aren't growth hormones in either chicken or farmed fish in Canada, from what I understand from a local butcher. However, antibiotics ARE used in both conventional chicken and farmed fish. :p

As for the mad cow scare, as long as you stick to muscle meat, there should be no worries at all. Organic beef's an even better choice.

Wanda

Hammj
Mon, Jun-16-03, 07:15
I'm at 115! Another pound bites the dust! :D

Denise

Piano
Mon, Jun-16-03, 09:48
I had an absolutely horrible weekend! I new before I got on the scale that I had gained 1 pound. It's my fault, I deserved it. I didn't eat balanced, I grazed and didn't eat meals! :nono: But I'm mad and going to have a perfect week this week! :mad:

Jen, We have talked a little about diet, and I think he eats high protein but low fat. My old personal trainer recommended the old low fat/high carb diet, although she did say it was important to get enough protein. That's pretty typical and standard for trainers, I figured that's what they would say.

Oh, and Hammj good job on the 1 pound lost!

Pianobeiner

DramaDame
Mon, Jun-16-03, 14:36
I am pleased to say that today I finally went down again...2 pounds...it seems having a period really, really made a difference...thank goodness...DramaDame

mmoranmic
Mon, Jun-16-03, 15:37
Hi Gang:
I relapsed over the weekend and my weight is up to 170 this morning. Now I know tht I didn't gain 4 pounds of fat over the weekend so I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm just getting back on track and will work hard this week. My goal for Friday was to be 165, we shall see. Either way I look at it I have been losing so that's a plus. Progress not perfection.
I re-weigh myself Wed morning and see how it looks.
Maureen

suzyq1958
Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:36
Nothing lost, nothing gained! I went to my nephew's wedding and couldn't resist the carrot cake my dad made for the "groom's cake." I also took an exercise hiatus most of last week due to a pulled calf muscle. But I'm headed back to the track tonight. I continue to remind myself that feeling better is what it's all about.

judy130
Tue, Jun-17-03, 03:54
Monday's weigh-in: Half pound lost. 161.5 now. Had a few carbs on Father's Day and don't feel quite so energetic today.

MsJinx
Tue, Jun-17-03, 15:37
TOMasa is here, insisting on dragging her fat butt onto the scale with me so I will not be weighing this week. She is such a brat!

Jinx

Beth_N
Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:35
Arrived home from vacation last night and weighed in this morning at 174 - half a pound up, but I feared worse, so I'll take it. Hard to completely control what I eat when I'm a guest.

Beth

caverjen
Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:43
Back up to 128! What is up with that? I have been so good this week, too. OK, I did have one low-carb mixed drink and 2 diet cokes (not all in one day), but I don't think those merit a 2# gain. I even double checked the weight and it stayed for 2 days in a row. The weird thing is I thought I had LOST a pound. Some of my pants seem to be fitting looser (esp. in the butt :thdown: ), and I checked my bodyfat with my home calipers (one spot test) and my bodyfat has gone down a point according to that. So maybe I am gaining muscle and losing fat. If I knew for sure that that is what was going on I would be happy with it.

Jen

Piano
Wed, Jun-18-03, 21:58
Jen, yes, it sounds like you're probably gaining muscle and losing fat if you feel like you've lost. Check out this picture to see the diff!

Congratulations Maureen & Judy on the lose!

Jinx - stay off that scale!! It should be illegal for TOMasa to get on any scales

Beth - out of town and only 1/2 pound. That's great!

Pianobeiner

judy130
Mon, Jun-23-03, 06:00
I can't believe how quickly these Mondays seem to come round. One pound lost - 160.5 now.

Judy

suzyq1958
Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:09
Another one lb. bites the dust :yay:. I haven't changed it in down to 130 yet in my profile but will do so soon. Slowly but surely it's coming off. My pants are a tad looser and I've had 2 friends ask me if I've lost weight! And my husband, in between bites of forbidden food :), tells me I'm lookin' good (he is such a sweetie). BTW I've started a journal. I'll add more into it as I have time. Have a great week ladies and gents.

Beth_N
Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:50
SuzyQ and Judy: Woo-hoo! Results are so motivating.

I weighed in at 173, which has been solid for the last few days. (So it's apparently not just a "fluke low" like that 172 a couple of weeks ago.)

Took a "no counts" day yesterday. I had gotten so tired of scrutinizing every single thing I put in my mouth, I was about ready to quit the whole thing. So yesterday I took a break from counting, and may make it a regular Sunday thing. I don't consider that I went overboard, just enjoyed my food and didn't stress out about keeping everything so carefully balanced.

I was pleased, after dreaming for weeks of a DQ Mud Pie Blizzard, to find that a dish of blueberries and cream after dinner really did seem like a decadent treat!

So this morning I'm happily counting again, and planning to hang in with it a while longer, at least.

PMS is just around the bend, though, and generally hits me like a Mack truck; who knows where I'll be by next Monday, weight-wise. Will have to try not to care too much.

Piano
Mon, Jun-23-03, 16:30
I didn't lose and I didn't gain, but I have had a lot of compliments recently that I look like I've lost and I fit into a skirt yesterday that I haven't been able to squeeze into before!!! I'll consider that a victory!

Suzy I am so excited that you started a journal, can't wait to visit!!! :)

Congratulations Judy Suzy and Beth on the weight loss!!!! :cheer:

Pianobeiner

Hammj
Tue, Jun-24-03, 07:41
One more down and two to go!!!

I didn't know if I would lose this past week or not due to TOM and the residual water weight was stubborn about leaving me.

Denise

mmoranmic
Wed, Jun-25-03, 10:55
I was leary of giving my stats because I had such a bad weekend. I ate three hot dogs (all beef), chili, and losts of junk! I didn't intend to but I was around the food all day. This continued all day Sunday. I got back on track on Monday although the scale read 170! I'll check again at the end of the week. I know what I'm supposed to do, it's just a matter of sticking to it. I always feel better when I'm eating right!

Good job to all who have maintained and lost inches and clothing sizes! You all keep me motivated to continue on this healthy path! Keep up the good work!

Maureen

Beth_N
Wed, Jun-25-03, 11:54
Maureen,

Weekend picnics? I think social eating is the hardest to control, especially since junk food is so much the norm for so many people. Hopefully a) the 170 is a short-term, reactionary bump up, and b) having taken a break will help reduce feelings of deprivation for a while.

Hope you're not discouraged. After all, it's two bad days against how many great days? I think it always helps to keep that perspective. Have a great next week!

Beth

KoKo
Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:06
Wow, Hammi J is 2 lbs away from Goal!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: Congratulations Hammi :cheer:

mmoranmic
Wed, Jun-25-03, 14:46
Hi Beth,
Thanks for the encouragement! I think you are correct my weight should drop back down although blowing it on the weekends has been a problem for me for about the last month, or since I got down to 166! I have these ideas that my weight will drop by 1.5 pounds per week and it will only if I stay on track!!!!!!!! Oh well, it's progress not perfection!
Maureen

Hammj
Wed, Jun-25-03, 16:21
Thanks KoKo!!!

Denise

caverjen
Wed, Jun-25-03, 20:44
I weighed in on Tuesday at 129! I was good this weekend, honest! I am so pi$$ed off. Most of this had better be muscle. If not I will really have to rethink my menu. Dd is nursing less, so I am trying to cut back some on the carbs, but I may have to lower the fat as well. I am hesitant to lower the protein because of my weight training. I am certainly open to suggestions. I'll reweigh tomorrow and get body fat tested at the end of the month.

Jen

caverjen
Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:08
I guess I just had a couple pounds water weight on me Tuesday for some reason. Guess it could be milk weight in my case. :rolleyes: I don't like the scale varying in the upward direction. I haven't weight 129 in over a year. Good news is I went to the uniform sale today and found that I can wear a size smaller in pants! I thought mine were getting too baggy in the butt.

A nurse I work with and I were talking about the irrational desire to weigh a certain number. She is exercising a lot too and realizes she may not lose weight or even gain because of the muscle weight. She said a part of her doesn't even want to do weights because it might hinder her from reaching the elusive number on the scale. Like me she knows it is irrational but has a hard time letting go. I actually threw my scale away so I can only weigh at the gym - keeps me from weighing 3 times a day!

Sorry for the ramble!

Jen

judy130
Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:48
I know what you mean, Jen. For years I would get on the scale only occasionally because my weight was always the same - 9 stone. My exercise and food must have been in balance because the scale never showed anything different, so I didn't bother weighing. But I hated my belly and waistline. So I started dieting and ballooned to 10stone 5lbs.
Somehow I got fixed on the idea of being a certain weight and I have to measure my progress by the scale. Yet I know that when I am exercising the dents in the flab followed by a smaller belly etc must mean I am making progress, but I just have to get on that scale to prove it and of course, sometimes it doesn't, and I get miserable about it. But I know I can't give up the scale entirely :)

Judy

mmoranmic
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:29
Wow, my weight is back down to 166 this morning. Gee, 165 will be next, that's a milestone for me. I've quit eating so many strawberries and blueberries. I was eating about 25 strawberries a day. I think I'll back off to about 10-15 per day and more on my active days. It's so easy to let the carbs come creeping back in. I am doing well with my veggie eating, trying to stay away from cheese and saturated fat for the most part.

I'll check back in on Monday. Oh, one other item. I've had trouble bringing up this website on my one of our computers and this one is having dial up problems. Hopefully the one will be repaired in the next few days. Have a great weekend!

Maureen

Beth_N
Mon, Jun-30-03, 07:45
No change. Still solid at 173. I cannot remember a time when my weight was so consistent. So I guess I'm happy enough not to be bouncing all over the scale. Staying solid, at least I really know what I've lost so far.

Anyway, I feel a bit bloated, so no nudge up on the scale is good news.

Beth

judy130
Mon, Jun-30-03, 14:03
Amazingly, down another pound to 159.5, just made it into the 150s. I've not been consistent although I haven't had any big cravings or binges either. Even the weekends seem to go by without going overboard. This is my last Monday weigh-in for a couple of weeks as I am on holiday from next Monday for just over a week. Hopefully I won't come back a few pounds heavier :D

Judy

suzyq1958
Mon, Jun-30-03, 16:57
Confession time! I went to spend the weekend with my dad and to also pick sweet (bing) cherries for friends and family. I gained a 1/2 pound and I'm excited that it wasn't more. Well, eating at my dad's house was much worse than eating out. My dad loves to cook so he had prepared a homemade chocolate pie AND fresh apricot cobbler. I ate small portions of both desserts because he would have had his feelings hurt if I had eaten none. I also gave in (ok, I scarfed) to the cherry temptation and totally scrapped my running for 3 days. So in one fell swoop I broke my chocolate/caffeine/processed sugar fast. I'm amazed how easy it is to slip back into old habits :daze: . Ok, I'm back home now and plan to pick up where I left off. Hopefully, next week that extra stuff will have jiggled off of me.

sf fresco
Mon, Jun-30-03, 21:28
:( This whole weight thing is sooooo hard I only hope and pray that someday I'll see my old weight of 157....but is that really realistic :confused:
everyone tells me once your over 40 its a done thing boy this bod really loves the extra cushion :( when I posted I thought I was at 215 but the next day it was really at 222. but now one week later I weigh 217 thats getting alittle better.
I keep telling myself health is the key issue here.....but gosh darn this whole weight thing is really tough to take :mad:
Even posting it for the world to see is really tough.
I feel its a step to help me into accountability :daze:

Hammj
Tue, Jul-01-03, 06:58
SF Fresco, I totally agree with you about the accountability. I love having this weigh in on Monday. It really motivates me to stay clean over the weekend. That's when I have a tough time because of husband being home more and more occasion for social eating.

I also worried about the 40 thing and my weight. I must admit it has been much slower than ever before but I've stayed with it and I'm almost to goal now after a year. It's partly why I have chosen SP as my life plan because I needed a healthy plan I could actually live with for the rest of my life. I'm afraid if I gain a lot (for me) again then I will never lose it. So no more fooling around with this for me.

Now to report: I've steadily been losing a pound/week but seem to have slowed down this time. I lost 1/2 lb.! Only 1 1/2 lbs. away from goal!!!

Denise

Piano
Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:47
Okay! I'm late in my weekly check in. Had a super busy weekend and Monday so I didn't get a chance to report. No weight gain no weight loss. I'm a little bummed because this is one of the best weekends I've had since starting.

congratulations to you losers! :Party:

Piano

caverjen
Tue, Jul-01-03, 20:21
Down 1.25#! I'm Less than a pound from goal weight! The true test will be next week when I got my body fat tested.

Jen

Beth_N
Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:22
I know it's been a holiday and all. Boy do I know -- it was my TOM, too, and the combined effect had me weighing in three pounds up one day. Back at 173 both yesterday and today, though, much to my relief. It's not a loss, but I'm too glad it's not a three-pound gain to mind.

Beth

Piano
Tue, Jul-08-03, 08:24
I tried to post yesterday I wrote a note and hit submit and and the computer said "All circuits busy."

Down a pound :yay: Finally!!! I thought I would be stuck in this weight warp forever.

JEN - congratulations!! You are so close to making it!!!! Wow! Let us know how your body fat test comes out.

BETH - I'm glad you didn't have a 3 pound gain too. 4th of July weekend is tough add that to TOM. GRRR.

Pianobeiner

caverjen
Wed, Jul-09-03, 20:27
Down to 125.6, body fat is 16.6, a hair lower than last time (not sure it is statistically significant). What concerns me is that I weigh 1.8# less than last time, body fat not sig. different, so I have LOST lean body mass. What gives? I eat more protein than Dr. S recommends, although she doesn't seem to take into account activity level or breastfeeding in her recommendations. I typically eat the equivalent of 4oz at each meal and 2 oz each snack, for a total of 18oz/day. I want to build muscle, not lose it. TOM did hit today, and I don't know if that throws off the measurements. Next time I will have it tested the week after TOM. I am open to suggestions.

Jen

Hammj
Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:44
I'm getting very close now and I'm ecstatic!!! The scale has said 112.5 for a few days now!!!

Denise

Beth_N
Mon, Jul-14-03, 10:16
Way to go, Denise!

I'm up two (175) this morning, but feeling way full of water, so maybe no real change.

Anyway, I'm getting nowhere fast. Of course it's because I'm still not getting regular exercise. If I got on the treadmill instead of checking in here, I'd be doing great! (No indictment intended toward anyone but myself, to be sure!)

suzyq1958
Mon, Jul-14-03, 20:12
Congrats to those who are just a hair away from their target weight-way to go :Party: . As for me, I'm just 0.5 lb (consistently down 0.5 for the last few days) since 2 weeks ago. But I'm consistently running about 5 times a week so I hope I'm building up that muscle! Until next week, keep on beining :)

DramaDame
Tue, Jul-15-03, 09:08
Ok so it has been a while since I have posted here...last week my body was having some major weird craving issues and I did my best but, I am still up two pounds.(188)..I have been up two pounds for about 3 1/2 weeks...my body is having a hard time at the bit lower weight---it feels like a real fight to get it back down there...I will for one day and then the next is goes back up...and then a few days later it is down and then it goes back up...ugh...I have also upped my activity level significantly with my summer camps so I am trying to figure out if that is affecting my carb craving...I am still eating so much "better" than I was three months ago that I am still a fan of the program and keeping it up the best I can with all thats going on around me...plus I think I my body is trying desperatley to have a period...good news indeed...so congrats to all those that are feeling successful....I hope to join you again soon!

KoKo
Tue, Jul-15-03, 10:26
Yes, Congratulations :cheer: to all who've lost and also to all who are sticking to the program while waiting for weght loss to kick in. I haven't been weighing since I restarted the program a couple of weeks ago - I know I haven't gained (can tell by my mirror and clothes) but I don't want to discourage myself by weighing. I'm re-starting my exercise routine though and hope to see more inches lost.

Piano
Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:09
The good news is Sunday morning I weighed and I was down pound and a half, the bad news is I went out of town and when I got back and weight this morning, I am back up to the weight before I left. I also started my TOM so I shouldn't have even got on those stupid scales!

Piano

caverjen
Tue, Jul-15-03, 14:57
Woo hoo! :yay: I'm back down to my goal weight! I had been below it for awhile, but lately it has been a struggle. I have to constantly adjust my intake to my activity level and amount of breastfeeding. Now I can go get my bellybutton pierced! When my friend gets back from visiting her in-laws we're going to go together.

Even better news (than the weight, not the piercing :rolleyes: ) is that I have had so much energy the last few days, and I've been taking in less caffeine. Yesterday at work they accused me of being perky (I corrected them and said I was hyper) from too much caffeine, but I only had had one cup of coffee in the morning before work. Maybe I should harness some of this energy and clean the house!

Jen

Piano
Mon, Jul-21-03, 18:54
One pound down and melted away! I was so excited this morning when I got on the scales! :yay:

Congratulations Jen on meeting goals!

Piano

caverjen
Mon, Jul-21-03, 19:46
124.5 today! So relieved that last week wasn't a fluke! I really feel back in the swing of things with my diet. These no cheat challenges have been very helpful for me.

Great going, Piano! Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Jen

sfdebchat
Mon, Jul-21-03, 22:52
My first post to the Weekly Weigh In.

201 today, 1 pound above my 7 year low which was briefly met last Friday. Today is 4 weeks, 5 days since starting low carbing. I am feeling really good lately despite back pain, constipation, and a mischievious tooth! I have more energy than a month ago, am better at managing my pain, sleeping better, laughing more, and taking less medication.

I have been reading everyones posts in this thread and can see that both plateaus and reaching goals are normal with TSP. I think everyone here should be congratulated daily.

:yay: Jen & Piano :wiggle: great job!

suzyq1958
Tue, Jul-22-03, 08:59
Caverjen, you are truly a role model for those of us still at a distance from our goal. You show us that with perserverence that this WOE works :yay: .

Well I'm still at the same weight as last week. I worked a full 40 hours at the lab last week and worked weird hours. I slipped into a few old eating habits-fresh fruit getting the best of me and not taking my vitamins :nono: . I also had trouble finding a time to run (hotter than usual here in the evening). However, I did measure my thighs yesterday which are down a 1/2 in and hips down 1 inch. I just need to learn to be patient and utilize a little more self-control.

caverjen
Tue, Jul-22-03, 20:23
Thanks SusyQ! And you are completely right that it takes perserverance (and planning). This diet really does take some dedication. Most convenient foods are full of white flour, white sugar or other nasties! :Puke: It helps that now I have such a reputation of being a healthy eater that I would get a lot of flack if I fell off the wagon!

Jen

judy130
Thu, Jul-24-03, 13:09
Yes, I too agree with Suzy that it is so inspiring to read of your efforts and your success, Jen. It must be even more difficult when you have young children to look after. Many congratulations. Hope to be right behind you, if only I could be persistent in my efforts and not be led astray quite so easily!!

Judy

caverjen
Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:29
Actually my kids drive me so crazy that I have to exercise strenuously to burn off all my frustration! :rolleyes: I also want them to eat well, so that is further motivation for me to eat healthy food to be a good example. Keep at it, you'll get there!

Jen

suzyq1958
Mon, Jul-28-03, 06:42
Hip Hip Hooray :Party: - another pound bites the dust! Ever so slowly, but ever so surely, another pound has flown away. I've been a bad girl though by not running the last 4 days - I have lots of excuses, but not all of them are exceedingly good. I'll get back to it - I promise!
Have a great week :) .

Beth_N
Mon, Jul-28-03, 11:19
No change. Dutifully posting anyway.

Beth

(But way to go, Suzy! :))

sfdebchat
Wed, Jul-30-03, 22:03
:dazzle: Down to 197.5 :dazzle:

2.5 pounds lost since last Wednesday! Got over my hump being 200/199.5 for a week. That is 15 pounds lost so far, only 35 more to go.

Good job all you wonderful "losers".:)

deb

texascarl
Thu, Jul-31-03, 07:30
After a 10 day stall that was starting to seem like months, I finally dropped another pound. Woo and hoo! Down 19 lbs total, down 15 in 36 days (when I started this WOE again).

caverjen
Thu, Jul-31-03, 20:04
back up to 127 :cry: I think it's due to eating salted nuts the past few days. Will crack back down on that. Happy to hear of everyone's progress! :yay:

Jen

sfdebchat
Thu, Aug-07-03, 15:46
Yesterday was my weigh in date, so I am late.

I have lost 1.5 pounds in the last week and am down to 196. I have lost 16.5 pounds so far in 7 weeks and am ahead of anticipated loss by 2.5 pounds!

Averaged weight for week was 197 pounds, 2 pounds less than last weeks average.:dazzle:

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

deb

jczow
Sun, Aug-10-03, 04:30
Darkorange Arial 7 :yay: Hi I'm just rereading SPII and would like to join you in your weigh in. This morning I weighed in at 171.
Jean

Hammj
Tue, Aug-12-03, 08:04
Hi everyone! I finally made my goal. I'm at 111!!!

MindyJo
Tue, Aug-12-03, 19:01
I would like to join you in weighing in on Monday. I just joined this support group today, but have been on SP for 3 weeks. So far my weight has not changed--still 140.

Piano
Thu, Aug-21-03, 10:06
I have been on a 2 week vacation and was out of town for a few days before that. I have been in the home of friends and relatives. And we've been eating out A LOT. I was unable to eat SP so I really fell off the wagon and ate things like ice cream, etc. I know I could have been better but wasn't. All that to say I gained 4 pounds over the last 4 weeks. The way I ate it should have been 10, so it was almost a relief to only be 4. I hate to even go change my stats, but I'm on my way. :cry:

Piano

sf fresco
Thu, Aug-21-03, 15:05
Well everybody its happened again and I swore this would not get me down and throw me over board...but it did and hear I am.......
I was doing soooooo good with my eating and excersise, I purposly stayed away from the scale because of sabbatage...but I figured I was feeling like I must of lost at least something soooo there I was on Sat.(its taken me this long to finally come back and be accountable) morning ..before breakfast....before my workout...and naked and you guessed it no weight loss :cry:
so ever since than my eating has not been the greatest my excersise has gone the tubes and my whole disposition is for the birds or whatever :exclm: At least I'm hear in true confessions :rolleyes:
Sharon

texascarl
Sat, Aug-23-03, 11:04
Had a 10 day 'plateau' involving Birthday parties, but back on track, and down 21 lbs.

Piano
Mon, Aug-25-03, 10:04
No gain, no loss. But I'm back in the saddle again and it feels good just to eat right.

Piano

texascarl
Sun, Aug-31-03, 09:19
down 24 lbs

KoKo
Sun, Aug-31-03, 18:40
cancel that :spin: - changed my mind

Piano
Sat, Sep-13-03, 17:06
The good news is I've lost 1 pound since I've been back. But I've been back long enought I really should have lost more than that. Oh, well, I will be thankful for that.

Congratulations to you losers!

Pianobeiner

texascarl
Mon, Sep-15-03, 13:03
No change since last time...but I've survived a 30 year high school reunion and the start of Football season (or as it's locally known chips, chili and beer season...NFL Football, 22 men in need of rest being watched by 22,000,000 men in need of exercise) since then. So hey, maintaining the old status quo isn't half bad.

Piano
Mon, Sep-22-03, 17:57
Not up or down, have stayed the same. I am getting in to gear and expect to see me lose some.

Pianobeiner

gtbay
Wed, Sep-24-03, 19:37
I started the SP way of life Sept 5th. My husband had a physical with his blood pressure at 140/100 and cholesterol 240. He now weighs 225 and should weigh 170. I am overweight and a professional dieter. I asked the doctor for a book and he told me about this one. I picked it up that day. I love my husband too much and he is only 39 and shouldn't have these health problems. I read this book and it was like a huge blow to the gut. Everything I practiced and preached.........wrong. Well our whole family is now eating this way. We are doing great. Losing between 1 and 2 pounds a week. Our three young daughters are doing well also. Our rule for them is to eat our way monday through friday and when they are with friend on the weekend they can do what they want. Baby steps for them.

Piano
Wed, Sep-24-03, 21:01
Gtbay, welcome and congratulations and making healthy decisions. Did you get book I or book II? Looks like you have already started to lose some! Great job!

Piano

texascarl
Thu, Sep-25-03, 15:15
Dropped 2 more lbs.

gtbay
Sat, Sep-27-03, 19:57
I have the first book. I am hesitant on getting the second until I have the first one thoroughly digested. I don't want to get ahead of my self and go off of the healing program before I am ready. How do you like the second book. Should I go ahead and get it....will it help during the initial phase?

Piano
Mon, Sep-29-03, 08:25
:yay: 2 more pounds gone!!!! Woowhooo!

Congratulations TexasCarl!

GT - I actually like book 1 better than book 2. If you have burned out adrenal glands or are insulin resistant, book 2 does thoroughly explain it. But the eating guidelines are better in book 1 for me.

Piano

gtbay
Mon, Sep-29-03, 18:00
Well it is Monday, so I am reporting that I stayed the same, but I feel thinner. Congrats on the 2 lbs. How do you use those emoticons?

mmoranmic
Wed, Oct-01-03, 06:42
Since returning three weeks ago my weight is down three pounds. I went on a sugar/poor eating binge so it's good to be back. New weight 163.

gtbay
Sun, Oct-05-03, 06:44
I went south for the first time in a month, but I promised myself I would get back on track today. My family is board with the food. They don't care if they ever see nuts again. I have young girls who want very plain food...any suggestions?

Piano
Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:09
Reporting down 1 pound. :yay: Would have been 2 except I didn't do very well on Sunday. Was tired and went to food for energy! :nono:

mmoranmic - glad to have you back.

gt - I would look through the SP board and see if there are any recipes that would qualify as teenager friendly. Natural string cheese, berries, Ak Mak crackers are things my ds likes. Good Luck,

Piano

mmoranmic
Tue, Oct-07-03, 08:54
Thanks Piano, I am glad to be back. It's nice to see the scale going south. I thought my "set point" was 163 as I hadn't been below that in ten years I think. 162 looks good, it took a long time to get there, many relapses, weught gain, loss, etc.

Since I am off sugar 100% I feel really good. I was eating dark chocolate, then jelly bellies (gourmet jelly beans) and that just sent me off into the eating binge.

So far it's 4 weeks off sugar, I eat raisens or organice fruit roll ups (50 calories) for dessert. When I'm out running long distance I eat raisens or energy bars. I have to be careful the rest of the day because my appetite starts to increase. If I use glutamine I think it helps.

Take care all fellow SBer's and I wawnt all of you to know that I appreciate the support.

Maureen

Piano
Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:14
Haven't missed a day of workout but have deviated on my eating plan.

I have a confession to make, I tried South Beach diet for about 4 days. It is horrible. I was tired and had major brain fog, I think the diet is dangerous for the first 2 weeks, so many people report headaches, fatigue, etc. Dr. A attributes it to detox, but since I wasn't detoxing from anything, I knew it couldn't be that. South Beach Diet (SBD) suggests only eating low glycemic carbs, in other words vegetables, so you don't get enough carbs and since carbs give you energy, that's why people report being tired. I tried the BFL format of 5 to 6 meals a day and just tried doing the low GI carbs, all that to say, it didn't work. I also was eating the healthy foods off of Schwarzbein Principle. I'm back to BFL/SP and mighty content!!!!!

Maureen, good to see you. Sugar addictions can be so strong, but they can be broken!!! Chocolate is definitely my downfall. I looove jelly belly's too. Especially cappuccino jelly belly's.

Piano

mmoranmic
Mon, Oct-13-03, 06:38
Down to 159 yesterday. I thought that was a fluke but I was surprised that it remains at 159 today! I lose weight in chunks, aboout two pounds at a time. I've been eating more salads with a crushed bell pepper dressing, only a few nuts and no cheese. I've also been running more mileage 50-55 miles a week although I use carbs on my longer training runs or long races. I am eating more fruit and raisens at the aid stations and using less gels (100 carbs serving). I need to start weight training up again to help with my upper body muscle tone as the loose skin is starting to show, less flab to hold it firm!

Maureen

Piano
Mon, Oct-13-03, 09:17
No progress to report. Haven't missed a workout though.

Maureen, You are really back in the saddle! Keep it up!

Piano

mmoranmic
Mon, Oct-13-03, 12:31
Hi Piano,
Thank you for your nice words, they always are appreciated. I will go for a few weeks without a loss then it starts to drop. I am really motivated to stay healthy and fit. Talk to you later.
MM

Piano
Mon, Oct-13-03, 19:57
maureen, do you make it to your journal very often? Piano

mmoranmic
Fri, Oct-17-03, 10:54
Hi Piano,
No I haven't been using my journal. I don't have the time. I do my sharing with two friends on our morning workouts and I log my mileage on my calendar at home.
Thanks,
Maureen

mmoranmic
Mon, Oct-20-03, 06:25
10/20/03
Weight 160. I don't think I gained I think the 159 was not accurate. I must have been dehydrated. I'm still happy with the 160, slow and steady for me. I must give up the raisens that I have been eating for the sweet tooth/after a meal sweet. I'll replace that with fruit (berries) or sugar free jello if I have to.
Piano! You sure are pretty! It's so good to see your photo. I'm hoping to get a digital camera for my birthday so maybe I can post my photo in the next month or so.
Have a good week everyone!
Maureen

Piano
Mon, Oct-20-03, 08:26
This week I gained a pound at the beginning of the week, then I lost it at the end. I feel better.

Pianobeiner

Piano
Mon, Oct-27-03, 10:03
I gained one pound during TOM and haven't lost it. It usually comes off a day or two after TOM. I'm not going to even change my stats.

Piano

mmoranmic
Mon, Nov-10-03, 15:51
11/10/03 Still at 160. I can believe it as I ate like a pig during the Southern Calif fires. This is my lowest weight in over 10 years but I still want to reach my goal or get half way there by the end of the year. I'm almost tempted to hire a personal trainer from now until the end of the year to get on a good weight training plan. I know that weight training would really help so I will check into it.

mmoranmic
Mon, Nov-17-03, 13:50
Still ~ 160 this morning. I ran the 24 hour race (100.79 miles) that should drop a few pounds but my food choices last week were not good. I even ate some sugar (ice cream and some dark choc). I didn't cook much at all last week, I relied on eating out, also I was in LA all weekend and ate out. Yuck! I really do best when I'm eating my own cooking.
New goal is to eat better and to exercise (weight training and exercise). I can run less and work out more. No big races coming up, I am not running the 48 hour event in Phoenix so I can focus my energy on toning up.
Mini goal to get under 160 pounds before Christmas. Any more than that will be a bonus because I know this is a tough time of year.
Maureen

Piano
Mon, Dec-15-03, 10:27
Staying pretty much the same. Have been up and down same 2 pounds but not posted recently.

Piano

trisharau
Sat, Jan-17-04, 07:12
I am still doing my low carb version of Atkins but am planning on re-reading "The Schwarzbein Principle II", so that I can actually follow it. I have given up caffeine in all forms since New Year's Eve. I generally stay away from processed foods too. I eat pretty healthy.

Weight at last weigh-in before my current attack of bloating was 48.5 kilos or just under 107 pounds. I am probably holding a kilo and a half of water (and gas :() at present.

ivorybow
Mon, Feb-02-04, 13:23
Start weight, Jan. 12, 199
Feb.2, 192

Creeping along.
carolyn

trisharau
Mon, Feb-02-04, 16:45
I am finally re reading the Schwarzbein Priniciple II and it is inspiring me to do this diet for life. I think I will start out with Insulin sensitive and BOAG as she suggests.

My weight is all over the place lately as I have been eating more carbs and drinking coffee again :(. It generally is around 50 to 51kg at present. Most of the bloat is around the stomach region.

msk
Tue, Feb-03-04, 10:08
At start I weighed 265
Today I weigh 240.

I am so excited. I better go and eat breakfast.

Marianne